• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CATCHBIRD - new Ghostly Quiz (1 Viewer)

I must give credit to my wife for getting #3 in about five seconds after I had been staring stupidly at the screen for some time.

Adam

...but Stephen, you have not proven so by Pming me your answers.....

It does appear that 3 is the hardest so far, though most people have got it. The single picture clues are always going to be the hardest, as no.6 is also proving.

There are now 30 people having a go - thanks all. Lots of different names are entering, so this is obviously appealing to a different type of quizzer.

Next ones up in a day or two, remember anyone can join in at any time, just answer the ones that have been posted at the time you join in.

Next few are quite easy methinks, but I have some much more subtle ones coming up, so beware, I'm not going to be so literal from no. 13 onwards.

Will conclude this by 3rd April, so keep 'em coming everyone.

GV

Now done.

Stephen.

Ghostly Vision said:
...but Stephen, you have not proven so by Pming me your answers.....

It does appear that 3 is the hardest so far, though most people have got it. The single picture clues are always going to be the hardest, as no.6 is also proving.

There are now 30 people having a go - thanks all. Lots of different names are entering, so this is obviously appealing to a different type of quizzer.

Next ones up in a day or two, remember anyone can join in at any time, just answer the ones that have been posted at the time you join in.

Next few are quite easy methinks, but I have some much more subtle ones coming up, so beware, I'm not going to be so literal from no. 13 onwards.

Will conclude this by 3rd April, so keep 'em coming everyone.

GV

G'mornin' quizzers. Want some more? Then you shall have.

Keep the answers coming - scores to date just before I post the next ones.

GV

Attachments

• catchbird7.jpg
    catchbird7.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 119
  • catchbird8.jpg
    catchbird8.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 148
  • catchbird9.jpg
    catchbird9.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 144
Cheers GV,

The real challenge is to try and id them from the thumbnails only. . . Unfortunately you end up squinting at some of the little pics in the vain hope you can resolve some details . . . I'm not quite that good or patient. . .

Dan, Don't do it!! You're becoming the first Catchbird anorak!

You'll need more than a thumbnail for some of the beauties to come. I feel I have to respond to all you clever cloggs' who are getitng them all correct and complaining they are too easy. And if you get them I'm just going to make the bird names up!

GV

Think he was in "there's something about Mary" with Ben Stiller and Cameron Diaz.

Oi you lot - no giving clues here. I couldn't find a picture of the REAL Lee Evans!

Turkish - you'll have to be quick; there's three more coming tomorrow. The faces on those will be slightly more famous than young Evans......

GV

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back