• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First bird of 2018 (4 Viewers)

American Crow outside the house, heard, not seen. I am not about to go outside in the +10F/-12C temperatures just yet. It's only 8 am. Why am I awake already? |=o|

Not the first, but a Hawfinch among the Chaffinches and Goldfinches in the garden this afternoon was a good start!
Been up to 3 around the garden since late Nov.
Never ever thought I'd ever say that!

HNY to all

Mick

Robin singing in the dark as I left the house followed by a Herring Gull flying over calling.

Went birding around my local area in the west London suburbs where I managed 59 species with no major water bodies visited. Amazingly saw c55 species before I saw either Starling + House Sparrow (plenty of latter in my garden when I got back, so had species like Red Kite, Little Egret, Bullfinch + Hawfinch before those 2 urban species.

Canada Geese.

Usually it's a junco or crow, but it was a bit too cold for them to be moving first thing this AM.

Best bird of the day was a snowy owl in the next county over.

And I'm totally gripped about all the tawny owls. That's a lifer for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back