• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First bird of 2018 (1 Viewer)

Chaffinch, closely followed by dunnock...didn't top up the nyger seed on New Year's Eve so the hoped-for redpoll didn't come in until no.11, with siskin at no.12

I managed not to see any bird yesterday! Confined to bed with illness for most of the day.

AFAIK it was a reed bunting which I noticed this morning flying over as I left the house for work. Only bird I noticed on my morning commute was a flock of fieldfares so my year list stands at 2 as the second day draws to a close.

Don't think I've ever gone the first two days of the year noticing just two species (I'm normally quite observant from the windows) but it's been a difficult few days! Hopefully the year will improve B :)

And I'm totally gripped about all the tawny owls. That's a lifer for me.

Drove into work today and one came up off the ground and landed in the edge of the copse just short of the car park. No camera or I'd have gone looking for it perched up!

Easy to hear, always nice to actually see one.

John

Drove into work today and one came up off the ground and landed in the edge of the copse just short of the car park. No camera or I'd have gone looking for it perched up!

Easy to hear, always nice to actually see one.

John

Sometimes get on that sits calling on a telegraph pole about 20m from my bedroom window in Nottingham.

First bird for me today was I looked out (Nottingham) was a Bh Gull flying by to feed on the football fields.

A

First bird of 2018 for me was House Sparrow on the shrubs outside the bedroom window.

Bizarrely enough though....the Tawnies that were hooting like owt days before New Years Day have gone silent!!! Typical!!!

First bird of the year: Mallard, pair pictured on Cove Brook at about 0020 1/1/2018. :t:

John

Attachments

• 20180101 (1)_Mallard_Bird#1.JPG
    20180101 (1)_Mallard_Bird#1.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 16
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back