• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Having 2 pairs of binoculars. Which would you choose? (4 Viewers)

If you could only have two pairs of binoculars. Which two would you chose to cover up all your needs? If you still would miss something, you may choose a third. But there must be a good reason for it.
I am asking this question myself... Having two pairs already and always said two is enough. But still playing with the idea to add a third one. But where does it stop? Isn't it like, I want more more more... can't you just be satisfied with what you already have? It is not that the money is growing on my back. And even if it does, there are probably better causes.
Just asking myself. Bird and nature watching is my passion, so no problem that is costs something. But can it be covered in two pairs of binoculars and one scope?

Ps. I have 10x32, 8x42 and 17-40x56. But asking myself do I miss a pocket bin, 10x50 or 12Y power?

You pose an interesting question. What is your 17-40x56, I am not familiar ?
Jerry

Owning just one pair is easy - my beloved T*FL 7x42.
Having two, however, is such a difficult question that right now I have no answer, except that the FL would be one of them.

You pose an interesting question. What is your 17-40x56, I am not familiar ?
Jerry
The swarovski scope ATC 17-40x56.

Having just one: NL 10x32
Having two: NL 10x32 + SLC 8x42
Having three: NL 10x32 + SLC 8x42 + Curio 7x21
Having four: add the EL 12x50

All 4 powers and all needs (for me) covered.
And of course a scope. No need for a bigger one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back