• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Waxahachie Texas (1 Viewer)

segclg

United States
We were checking on our cattle as we drove by one of our ponds we could see many ducks about 70. Googled to see what species of ducks they were and we found that they were Tufted Duck. Never seen them here before.

Attachments

• 20240106_141357.jpg
    20240106_141357.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Hi, welcome ot the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. I think you might actually have Ring-necked Ducks and not Tufted Ducks. I grew up in Lancaster, small world.

Hi segclg and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. I think your visitors are Ring-necked Ducks: Ring-necked Duck - BirdForum Opus

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Edit, sorry I was called away in the middle of typing this and I see Lisa got in before me with the ID... so I'm glad she's able to confirm my thoughts.

Hi, welcome ot the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. I think you might actually have Ring-necked Ducks and not Tufted Ducks. I grew up in Lancaster, small world.

How do you tell the difference? They both seem to look the same.
Yes, it is a small world the birds can thank God they don't have to fly south too far to find a warm place for winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back