• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with choosing binoculars (1 Viewer)

skylark3

Hi,
I'd like to buy a new pair of binoculars but I don't know any places in Bulgaria where they are sold. My old one is 12x50 and probably awful but I've never tried a better one. I've read a lot of posts in this forum but still can't find what I need. The brands most people recommend are too expensive for me.
Here's something I found in a shopping website

Steiner Binoculars Sky Hawk Pro 8x32

It costs 269 EUR and seems perfect to me.
What do you guys think about it?

Hi Skylark3. I have a tasco 10x42 (quite a cheap one), and am content for the moment. Cant comment on the model you mentioned.

Just that if you are used to a 12x already, and are used to holding it steady, you might find the image in an 8x a bit small.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back