• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Here are the new Victorys: Victory HT (3 Viewers)

"The new HT 54 mm are the quintessence of brightness..."

Google Translate is getting better. There was a time when that would have translated to

The new HT 54 mm are the quintuplets of brightness...."

The rest was understandable, too. Google must have used some of its billion$ to hire an Italian IT person to work on the Italian-English translations. The German-English translations still have too much googlish.

I look forward to reading Pier's review. I'd also like to see Henry get a hold of the 8x54 HT and do a side by side with his Monster 8x56 FL to see if "lighter is better."

<B>

It seems binomania often gets the first look at many optics from several
makers, I always enjoy Piergiovanni's writing and his reviews.

And there is also the words "completing the line".

That means this is the last of the Victory HT's. But I thought there
may be a 15X ? I suppose that may still come later.

Jerry

The 54 mm HT's are already on sale - even though they don't yet ''officially'' exist.

https://www.binocularscanada.com:11109/enet-cart/product.asp?pid=525628

This site is usually one of the best bets for low pricing in Ontario - but I see that all of the Zeiss models have gone up quite a bit from last year, probably partly due to the lower Canadian dollar as well as incremental increases.

Close to $3000.00 smackers is still a lot of beans for a binocular......

Thanks, Hermann.
I have a gut feeling there will be no 15x54 HTs this year. :-C
Maybe in 2015.
My guess is, Zeiss figured the Conquest HD 15x56 is all that is needed for now.

I'm not sure.....Mike said that 15x was more popular with hunters in the US than lower mags - and I'm sure that's what this range is targeting, so why no 15?

I think the 15 was the model that Mike mentioned was ready to roll but had to be delayed for whatever reason. It would make no sense to not have the best selling mag. for the 54 mm series.

I'm not sure.....Mike said that 15x was more popular with hunters in the US than lower mags - and I'm sure that's what this range is targeting, so why no 15?

I think the 15 was the model that Mike mentioned was ready to roll but had to be delayed for whatever reason. It would make no sense to not have the best selling mag. for the 54 mm series.

James

Mike also said the 54s were being introduced mainly to satisfy the market in Europe at the moment although they will be available in the States. So it looks as though Stateside tastes haven't been the primary driver at this stage.

Lee

James

Mike also said the 54s were being introduced mainly to satisfy the market in Europe at the moment although they will be available in the States. So it looks as though Stateside tastes haven't been the primary driver at this stage.

Lee

If they are to be available in the US, then of course the best selling mag. will be front-and-centre. It would make no sense to develop this line without a 15 to go with it.

To me, though, the introduction of the 56 mm Conquest was too close to the 54 mm HT's. The Conquests will be all but forgotten and we have yet to have a single personal experience with any of them....

It's hard to believe we are fast approaching TWO YEARS the HTs have been out-seems like only months ago they were nothing but speculation...

It's hard to believe we are fast approaching TWO YEARS the HTs have been out-seems like only months ago they were nothing but speculation...

Its actually quite hard to say when the HTs 'came out' David as they didn't so much get launched onto the world stage as get dribbled out in tiny quantities, a few here and a few there.

I think Z learned a lot of how not to launch a new product from their HT experience.

Lee

Its actually quite hard to say when the HTs 'came out' David as they didn't so much get launched onto the world stage as get dribbled out in tiny quantities, a few here and a few there.

I think Z learned a lot of how not to launch a new product from their HT experience.

Lee

Yeah, I recall the "countdown clock" (and subsequently...the countUP clock"!)

That's why I hedged with "approaching"...! o:D

Last edited:
Note that the reviewer implies that the filters were "installed."

My 7x42 Victory FL has extremely fine "threading" in front of the objectives. I think it is there for glare control.

(quote)
"Since installation of these filters prevents use of the factory front lens covers, I use inexpensive third party 42mm lens caps like these: Univeral 46mm Center Pinch Front Lens Cap for Canon DSLR Camera or Univeral Camera 46mm Front Cap Cover for Canon Lens Filter. I tried using the screw on, flip-cap Op/Tech covers, but they were significantly wider than the lens diameter and proved too bulky and awkward, so I returned to the inexpensive, removable, third-party caps."

Bob

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back