• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kuzey Cem's 2023 Turkish List (1 Viewer)

8 July - Çelebibağ Marshes, Van
256) Paddyfield Warbler
257) Caspian Tern

8 July - Tutak, Erzurum
258) Eurasian Nightjar

9 July - Sivrikaya, Rize*
259) Common Rosefinch
260) Twite
261) Water Pipit
262) Mountain Chiffchaff
263) Eurasian Bullfinch
264) Common Rock Thrush
265) Radde's Accentor
266) Asian Crimson-winged Finch
267) Horned Lark
268) Green Warbler

*also a Common Grasshopper Warbler on this and the following date. We heard it many times but the only views were inconclusive; so although I count heard-onlies on my year list I decided not to count this one as I haven't added it as a lifer

Last edited:
11 July - Köseler, Kars
275) Bimaculated Lark

11 July - Lower Çıyrıklı, Iğdır
276) Levant Sparrowhawk

11 July - İshak Paşa Palace, Ağrı
277) Grey-necked Bunting
278) Red-fronted Serin
279) Mongolian Finch

12 July - Turna Lake, Van
280) Red-necked Grebe

Last edited:
11 July - Köseler, Kars
275) Bimaculated Lark

11 July - Lower Çıyrıklı, Iğdır
276) Levant Sparrowhawk

11 July - İshak Paşa Palace, Ağrı
277) Grey-necked Bunting
278) Red-fronted Serin
279) Mongolian Finch

12 July - Turna Lake, Van
280) Red-necked Grebe
Would Mongolian Finch be gettable in November or January? Or is it far too cold and icy to think about visiting the area then?.. 🤔
Thanks in advance. 🙂👍🐦

Would Mongolian Finch be gettable in November or January? Or is it far too cold and icy to think about visiting the area then?.. 🤔
Thanks in advance. 🙂👍🐦
Yes it would definitely be a form of extreme birding in winter. In fact, even though Mongolian is almost certainly a resident there are virtually no winter records :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back