• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica eye candy.... (6 Viewers)

I am sorry for posting this. My intention was not to advertise a scam. I didn't check the website because being located in Andorra (its political and legal status confuses me) I never really considered a purchase from them. What I said in my above post was to express just how much I like those safari Leicas.
No worries @jafritten, no harm, no foul. I knew your intentions were entirely legitimate. I thought you might know them, maybe have done some business with them. If I was anywhere semi close to Andorra I would hop in a car and have a looksee, as that 10x32 Safari Edition sure got my attention. It appears that business has a brick and mortar store, and could be a perfectly fine merchant.

Adlerauge, sei wachsam.

No worries @jafritten, no harm, no foul. I knew your intentions were entirely legitimate. I thought you might know them, maybe have done some business with them. If I was anywhere semi close to Andorra I would hop in a car and have a looksee, as that 10x32 Safari Edition sure got my attention. It appears that business has a brick and mortar store, and could be a perfectly fine merchant.

Adlerauge, sei wachsam.
I swear I have no affiliation with any of these and it makes me feel like a drug dealer, but...

This is mine, from before Leica binoculars were badged as Leicas. 8x30 Binuxit, probably late 50s, serviced and re-covered by Gary Hawkins. Very different to a modern binocular, but in the right circumstance still a joy to use. I recorded my 100th observation of a successful hunt by a wild falcon with this.

Attachments

• PXL_20230719_183300635_01.jpg
    PXL_20230719_183300635_01.jpg
    702.5 KB · Views: 53
  • PXL_20230719_183500553_01.jpg
    PXL_20230719_183500553_01.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 54
  • PXL_20230719_183902419_01.jpg
    PXL_20230719_183902419_01.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 53
This is mine, from before Leica binoculars were badged as Leicas. 8x30 Binuxit, probably late 50s, serviced and re-covered by Gary Hawkins. Very different to a modern binocular, but in the right circumstance still a joy to use. I recorded my 100th observation of a successful hunt by a wild falcon with this.

I totally leica your Binuxit :love:

It speaks volumes.

PXL_20230719_183902419_01.jpg

Did someone say "Leica's"? My favorite binoculars of the big 3 makers - by far. My trio are UVHD+ 8x32, 10x32, and 7x42. Here are two of the three:

51361852001_6aba804e40_b.jpg

Yeabut Don...
I believe you coined the term "delicious" to describe the view from your favorite binoculars. Still makes me chuckle. That said, I'd nominate your photos for "best in show", and if I was looking for a one word descriptor of them... maybe it'd be "romantic." You make any, all of em, look good. Can sort of get why some forget to look through them... Ha.

Yeabut Don...
I believe you coined the term "delicious" to describe the view from your favorite binoculars. Still makes me chuckle. That said, I'd nominate your photos for "best in show", and if I was looking for a one word descriptor of them... maybe it'd be "romantic." You make any, all of em, look good. Can sort of get why some forget to look through them... Ha.
lol, good one Tom. I kinda get why some people forget about about Zeiss and Swarovski after looking through a Leica. :giggle:

Hello,

Here is some stale Leica/Leitz eye candy:
Leica candy.jpg
In the front row are a Leica 7x42BA; a Leica 8x20BC; and an 8x30 Binuxit. In the second row are a Leica 8x50BA; a Leica 8x32BN, in red; and a Leitz 7x50 Marseptit, ca. 1948. In the back row are a 12x50BA; a 7x50 Leitz BEH Porro II; and a Leitz 12x60 Mardoctit. The 12x50 BA is usually mounted on a monopod and used as a 'go-to' astronomical tool.

Stay safe,
Arthur

Last edited:
Hello,

Here is some stale Leica/Leitz eye candy:
View attachment 1525965
In the front row are a Leica 7x42BA; and a Leica 8x20BC. In the second row are a Leica 8x50BA; a Leica 8x32BN, in red; and a Leitz 7x50 Marseptit, ca. 1948. In the back row are a 12x50BA; a 7x50 Leitz BEH Porro II; and a 12x60 Mardoctit. The 12x50 BA is usually mounted on a monopod and used as a 'go-to' astronomical tool.

Stay safe,
Arthur
Wow! I’d bet it’s even nicer looking through them than it is looking at them.

Hello,

I get the most use from the 12x50BA but only for astronomy. The 8x20 is strictly a travel glass, even the aged Binuxit is more useful. I referred to them as "stale" because even the 8x32 BN are well behind current binoculars.

Stay safe,
Arthur

Last edited:
I had a look at Jan’s site, primarily to check the most recent review by Gijs,
see 'Verrekijkers testen en vergelijken' in the right hand column at: https://www.houseofoutdoor.com/verrekijkers/

However, I noticed that some of the images in the pages about the different company details have been updated.
So belatedly, various Leica and Leitz models . . .

a) an earlier image (slightly lightened)

Earlier.jpg

b) the current one (as is)

Current.jpg

I left this one unadjusted, as some may wish to download, zoom in and adjust it to better see some of the details
[I was especially interested in the cutaway of the current Trinovid HD (near the top LHS) that I’d not seen before].

. . . So even more encouragement (if needed!) to visit Jan's store if you're ever in the vicinity.

John

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back