• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New OM-1 (1 Viewer)

It shows the demand for this camera that the 'grey' import sites are selling for considerably more than the list price as they can get hold of them which is rather frustrating.

I saw nearly £3071 for body and 12 - 40 lens. Considering that grey imports don't have a manufacturer's warranty that is a lot! That wasn't HDEW who I have used a couple of times before. I may have to consider the HDEW option. Spare battery still an issue. Nowhere seems to have the battery and the one third party one that i found on Amazon would arrive into August.

Last edited:
Right I had to order from 3 places but OM1 body, 100 - 400 and f4 12 - 45mm lenses and spare battery ordered. The stress of spending that much money made me forget to use the £50 off voucher but an email resulted in a promise that I will be refunded £50.

HDEW assured me they had no stock problems and I will get it within 7 days. They do, however, have stock problems with 100 - 400 lens and battery.

After 4 months waiting for Wex I got fed up and received mine today from Panamoz, 7 days after ordering.
I don't suppose you've also come across a secret supply of 150-400's as well? With current waiting lists I may even be able to afford one by the time it becomes available!

HDEW assured me they had no stock problems and I will get it within 7 days. They do, however, have stock problems with 100 - 400 lens and battery.
I've bought from HDEW several times (E-M1.3, 12-100 & 100-400 plus various Canon bodies & lenses in the past) & always been happy with them. Just guessing that you've managed to source a 100-400 elsewhere & hope that arrives before your trip as well.

I don't suppose you've also come across a secret supply of 150-400's as well? With current waiting lists I may even be able to afford one by the time it becomes available!
Sadly not, though really I'd like to make sure I like the OM1 before I spend that amount of money... Actually, OM UK were going to lend me one and an OM1 to test - until they realised that they hadn't got either either and little chance of getting them either!

Just noticed one thing . Camera comes with USB cable with type C at both ends which means that you may need a type A to C adaptor as I did .Amazon have plenty !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back