• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Newbie question bird identification (3 Viewers)

Hi Okitsme
I do not want to do anything to spoil this wonderful thread, but if you would like me to be an independent witness, I could come round tomorrow (Friday) afternoon. I do not need to come for my own sake as you have long since convinced me. I will PM you my phone number.

Dave

I believe you okitsme !

Maybe you should release the video on the web so we can all see the bird moving ?

This is the most interesting reading I've done for a while...

o:)

When in India a couple of years ago, I saw lots of these birds in the Himalayan foothills at Nanital. There used to be as many as twenty in a flock, all moving along foraging as they went, which included going through gardens.
It is quite feasible that these birds are kept in captivity, and can consequently escape. The way this thread has been going, it sounds as though someone has committed a crime instead of just finding an escape bird in his garden.

The way this thread has been going, it sounds as though someone has committed a crime instead of just finding an escape bird in his garden.

Trev
This is a serious accusation. What evidence from previous posts prompts you to say this?

I think Trev means that the bird has got to okitsme's garden as a result of someone commiting a crime such as stealing or importing caged birds illegally and that the bird has either been deliberately set free for whatever reason or it has escaped accidentally from the criminal but it has not escaped from a bona fide collection.

Colin

I don't think that Trev meant that. I think he was referring to the fact that okitsme has been treated with some suspicion. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I can't wait to hear if Dave manages to catch a glimpse of it this afternoon.

Humble Pie
Humble pie was a 17th century English dish made with the heart, liver, kidneys, etc. of a deer, baked in a crust with apples, currants and spices.

In Old English, 'numble' referred to edible animal organs (liver, kidneys, heart, etc). Originating in the 17th century, a 'numble pie' evolved into 'umble pie' and finally 'humble pie'.

I just thought some of you may need this recipe later on !!

Yes my visit was very successful.
This first picture was taken with a x3 teleconvertor. The bird arrived within minutes of my arrival. It is absolutely wonderful.

Attachments

• wtlthrush4970.jpg
    wtlthrush4970.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 319
I then set up my telescope ready for the next visit as it didn't stay long first time although mission was accomplished. We waited and waited and waited. Almost on the point of giving up it came back. In my excitement to get the bird centred in the camera most were blurred. This one has its feet missing but otherwise I think you would agree that it is not made of plastic or other man made material.

BTW these were taken through a leaded glass window.

Attachments

• wtlthrush4988.jpg
    wtlthrush4988.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 319
Okitsme on the left.

"ok its you on the right" dont you mean

I'm looking a bit rough for a 15 to 20 year old dont you think !

Well apologies from me as I had at one point entirely convinced myself this was an elaborate wined up sorry for doubting you Roger. Nice pictures Dave well done. :t:
I hope you can relax now Roger and enjoy the rest of the Forum.

BTW, How much did you pay Dave the Taxidermist? 3:)

Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back