• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norfolk birding (54 Viewers)

Penny, sounds like your Roller was migrating along the coast. I was hoping the Suffolk bird would move into Norfolk... I hope it gets relocated this weekend, for you and for every Norfolk birder too!

Read the blog.

Penny. How can you have a probable roller!!! Shame it could not be relocated.

Mark, Penny's blog has her account and full write up (which you have probably read anyway) with the answer to your question. Why all the punctuation marks, are you trying to emphasise something?

Cheers, :smoke:pat

Connected with the Red-Footed Falcon this afternoon but missed the Red-Backed Shrike! Doesn't seem like its been seen since 10 this morning.

Titchwell June 17th

Today’s highlights

Spoonbill – 1 east early morning
Bittern – female still feeding young but becoming more elusive
Black tailed godwit – 205 on fresh marsh
Little ringed plover – 2 on fresh marsh
Spotted redshank – 2 on fresh marsh
Little gull – 1st summer on fresh marsh

Paul

Today’s highlights

Paul

Medal for counting 205 individual Godwits! :king:
Nice list though! Haven't seen a LRP in a while!

Blimey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We now have TWO pairs of Turtle Doves feeding and displaying / calling in our little garden at Blofield Heath! What a thrill!

Am also pleased to say that there are four pairs in and around Hempnall village which is very encouraging given the hard times that this species is going through at the moment ;)

Today’s highlights

Paul

The fem was feeding young on the Nth edge of the pool to the west of the footpath. Whilst I was there flying in about every 30 min. Another fem (below) was flying from the Thornham area east over the footpath about every 45min. Returning after about 15 min.

John

Attachments

• bittern (1 of 1).jpg
    bittern (1 of 1).jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 87
The fem was feeding young on the Nth edge of the pool to the west of the footpath. Whilst I was there flying in about every 30 min. Another fem (below) was flying from the Thornham area east over the footpath about every 45min. Returning after about 15 min.

John

Stunning photo John! Had a view not to different on Tuesday.

will be back in norfolk for a week tomorrow wiveton area
does anyone need an extra pair of eyes or 2extra pair depends if rlass will get up
if you are looking for the roller
never seen one never heard of one till this week

For once I agree with black kite. I don't understand how u can see a probable roller??? It's a roller or it's not a roller?

Does seem a bit odd! Trust Penny's judgement but for something like this it does seem vague! Being able to see the thing on a fencepost at 140 yards with the naked eye kinda indicates they aren't illusive!

Says the man who is 'fully booked'! You are on a good run of birds I would guess...as I thought, plenty of good stuff still to come into June.
Cheers,
Jim.

Its the last tern I need on the old British list which had black, white-winged black, gull-billed, caspian, common, arctic, roseate, little and sandwich tern on it so I'm sure I can find time! Plus Terns are my favourite sea bird!
Cheers
Oliver

Users who are viewing this thread

Back