• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norfolk birding (3 Viewers)

Thanks!

Yes: it was a great day out, Penny / Paul: given the weather forecast for the coming week, it was probably the last for a while! The highlight really was the DG Frit: almost a month earlier than my first last year!

As you'll know, Penny, the best days are those spent with friends when you look for / find your own birds: I used to be a bit of a twitching monster, but really enjoy the challenge of thoroughly exploring a local patch: luckily, mine's a cracker!

If we do have a pair of Turtles and they stay to breed, this would be the tenth consecutive year they've done so! (And the latest arrival date by three days!)

We have a pair!

For the tenth year in a row, we have a pair of Turtles in our tiny garden! What a total privilege - and all credit to Linda (Mrs B!) who spends £20+ pw on birdseed!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 81
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 76
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
I was the first one to walk Blakeney Point today in thunder, lightening and torrential rain, got soaked, dried out, got wet and so on! Not the expected migrants, but did have 3 Spotted Flycatchers;)

Truly wicked:-C:C:-C:C

Indeed Truly wicked Penny :C The other problem is that if anyone is arrested for this, the punishment won't in any way shape or form fit the crime! And therein lies a major problem in this country, there is nothing to deter people from doing things like this, if they get caught so what, bugger all happens to them. Our justice system (if you can call it that) is pathetic.

A walk around Snettisham CP this afternoon looking for turtles (unsuccestful) i managed seven warblers. An 8th one remained uni'ded. A grey and white bird, long billed dark with maybe horn on lower part (not sure), dark legs and no super or eye strip. Most prob something common but may be worth keeping an eye out for it.

A walk around Snettisham CP this afternoon looking for turtles (unsuccestful) i managed seven warblers. An 8th one remained uni'ded. A grey and white bird, long billed dark with maybe horn on lower part (not sure), dark legs and no super or eye strip. Most prob something common but may be worth keeping an eye out for it.

I had the opposite on Sunday morning at Snettisham CP, walking around there were 7 turtle doves and also flushed at least 3 Quail, but could have been up to 6.

The joys of traffic jams! Booted!!!!

Stuck in a traffic jam on the A47 near Whitlingham Lane at midday, Linda & I were astonished to see a small eagle circling overhead! We watched it for around five minutes before it disappeared behind the trees, and conjectured that it could only have been a Booted Eagle. Imagine our pleasure when we arrived home to find that a BE had been reported by others at the same time!

Stuck in a traffic jam on the A47 near Whitlingham Lane at midday, Linda & I were astonished to see a small eagle circling overhead! We watched it for around five minutes before it disappeared behind the trees, and conjectured that it could only have been a Booted Eagle. Imagine our pleasure when we arrived home to find that a BE had been reported by others at the same time!

Shoulda stuck this on twitter when you saw it! Great spot all the same

Jammy!

Everything you say is true, Ben! I was absolutely fuming at the time at the a*seholes who stayed in the outside lane all the way to the single file constriction: but in the event, that allowed us both crippling views! No camera, sadly....

Everything you say is true, Ben! I was absolutely fuming at the time at the a*seholes who stayed in the outside lane all the way to the single file constriction: but in the event, that allowed us both crippling views! No camera, sadly....

Very lucky indeed David! Ironic, considering the amount of time you put into your patch (going by your blog here) that you should connect with a mega whilst stuck in traffic!

Cheers,
Jim.

Typical, if it hadn't been a Bank Holiday I would have been working in those road works & all I've had there is a Nightingale & Lesser Whitethroat, back there tomorrow to supervise some Newt fencing going in & a nesting bird survey & I will be stuck in those road works as well on the way there & I can't find any way to avoid them.

Mike.

Cromer - male Black-headed Bunting on a feeder in garden this evening as per RBA. Which garden ? Holy shit, first record since 1989 and I've got the day off work tomorrow!

Cromer - male Black-headed Bunting on a feeder in garden this evening as per RBA. Which garden ? Holy shit, first record since 1989 and I've got the day off work tomorrow!

Me too! Was expecting to give the patch a rest and try Titchwell, not so sure now! Norfolk thread very quiet considering the quality on offer today.
Lift offered to Cromer tomorrow if access is feasible.

Cheers,
Jim.

Me too! Was expecting to give the patch a rest and try Titchwell, not so sure now! Norfolk thread very quiet considering the quality on offer today.
Lift offered to Cromer tomorrow if access is feasible.

Cheers,
Jim.

Key words there Jim are 'on offer'!

Booteds will be...
Slender-billed, could it have been Silver?
Black-headed Bunting on feeders ... not very wild (behaviour)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back