• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norwich Birding (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the info on the scrape James. Shaky- I would say 8-10 Blackcaps were singing between the Little Broad and the viaduct this morning. They're defintiely back.

Will

About 15 chiffchaffs in song now around UEA + at least 2 black caps, campus tick in the form of Buzzard today heading SE at about 14.45 also an Egyptian Goose on the broad. No sign on Sedges or Willow warblers!

Thanks for the info on the scrape James. Shaky- I would say 8-10 Blackcaps were singing between the Little Broad and the viaduct this morning. They're defintiely back.

Will

Lovely jubly! Thanks for info will,
Hopefully all singing when I'm visiting next - I do like a pair of black caps ;-)
Happy birding
Shaky

Nice to hear ur voice( or should that be post!)
I thought I heard one as I was leaving but couldn't pick it up so glad u got on em. Ill be heading there on Monday after work so will hopefully get me eyes on them if I'm lucky! Hope ur well buddy?!
Happy birding
Shaky

I'm very well thanks. Been very busy lately but with the longer days looking forward to a quick circuit of Thorpe on the way home once or twice a week!

Cheers

Paul

Patch today in sunshine produced 3/4 blackcaps ( many more on the Whitlingham side of river) singing, a single willow warbler and a green sandpiper on the shingle along with the usual stuff
Happy birding
Shaky

Three Swallows through Whitlingham today in addition to a single Sand Martin on Sunday. Willow Warbler, Blackcap and Chiffchaffs in, and I managed to catch up with the Red Kite that has been in the area for the past few weeks.

2 Red Kites over Beech Plantation along the A47 between the Dereham Rd and Earlham Rd junctions (and then over Sainbury's at Longwater Lane) yesterday eve at 5.15ish. A new addition to my Norwich list as thanks to being the right side of the A47, which I use as my southern boundary!

Two Sedge Warblers singing at Thorpe Marshes earlier today and a pair of Kingfishers showing really well on the Whitlingham side of the river.

Also Peacock, Small Tort. and Orange Tip butterflies and a Grass Snake.

I haven't escaped the city in nearly two weeks so it was nice to get my first Willow Warbler of the year singing in the large tree behind Norwich Arts Centre yesterday evening.

Drake Goosander on Whitlingham Great Broad this afternoon. Also saw the Red Kite again from Whitlingham Lane, lots of hirundines (mostly Swallows, some House martins and a few Sand Martins mixed in). A single Whitethroat, lots of Blackcaps, Willow Warblers and Chiffchaffs.

Nightingale singing at 12pm and again at 2pm by Graham Clarke between West Earlham and Bowthorpe Marsh in te hawthorn scrub. There's an "X" scratched into the path where it was but there is a motorbike and a load of dog walkers in the area so may be hard to get.

Nightingale singing at 12pm and again at 2pm by Graham Clarke between West Earlham and Bowthorpe Marsh in te hawthorn scrub. There's an "X" scratched into the path where it was but there is a motorbike and a load of dog walkers in the area so may be hard to get.
Hi Nick

Great local find and thanks for the directions. I've uploaded the clip to youtube. The bird is not visible in this clip but you can hear it singing clearly. Hopefully some views to follow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvzrMNXoSII&feature=youtu.be

Cheers

Graham Clarke

http://grahamsphoto.blogspot.co.uk/

Nightingale singing again at 8:10pm with Graham Clarke between West Earlham and Bowthorpe Marsh. Also, (minimum) three Arctic and one common tern over the marshes.

Patch sightings

Today was yet another good day to be at the patch
Highlights being the drake Gooseander which is no doubt the same one James had over the river at Whitligham the weekend. Also sedge warblers singing on view along with a Common sandpiper .
By the way good spot on the Nightingale , cracking bird.
Happy birding,
Shaky

Bags of Sedge Warblers and (finally) my first Swallow of the year at Thorpe Marshes today were eclipsed by a Hobby moving north from Whitlingham mid-afternoon.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back