• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Painting with Birds with Jim & Nancy Moir (2 Viewers)

I remember being taught that it was for lettering only and it's impact in a painting was to to just leave holes; shame.
Rules like that should only be for specific circumstances. Art is about expression and not being constrained by rules (especially if your aim is to break the rules).

I'm very impressed with the broad range of his artwork overall. Usually artists usually stick to one form of drawing/ painting etc but when you contrast the cartoon type art he does with the watercolours I find it very impressive that he is adept at both.

It is not something I have ever noticed but when painting from a photograph does the photographer ever get credited?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back