• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Point Pelee, ON - september (1 Viewer)

AlainaLee

1 - Swallow - I was thinking Bank or ROugh winged??
2 - falcon of sorts??
3 - This guy was around some Chestnut Sided warblers.. Could it be one as well?
4 _ Im assuming a warbler, but I have no idea - No other pictures either..
5 - Another long shot - All I caught was these odd tail feathers..

Thanks for any help!!

Attachments

• DS7_0142.jpg
    DS7_0142.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 96
  • DS7_0164.jpg
    DS7_0164.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 112
  • DS7_0218.jpg
    DS7_0218.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 99
  • DS7_0288.jpg
    DS7_0288.jpg
    495.4 KB · Views: 101
  • DS7_0302.jpg
    DS7_0302.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 128
#1 Bank Swallow
#2 Northern Harrier
#3 Chestnut-sided Warbler
#4 American Redstart
#5 Pass

Last edited:
The last could be some kind of oriole, there is a hint of orange and a longish tail. Or a thrasher. The oriole should have some wing bars, no matter what age. The cuckoo of Larry's may the only safe guess here.

Last edited:
Why isn't #5 an American Redstart? I see orange patches on the side of the wing and tail, which indicates Redstart to me.

Agree on the other ID's.

I think Larry got it right. The way I see the image, the tail feathers are looked at from the side and therefore look very thin when in reality they are wide. There is therefore no color seen on the tail, but I see rufous-brown on the side of the wing both in front of the body and on the primaries that extend above the tail.

Do you see the image differently?

Niels

I think Larry got it right. The way I see the image, the tail feathers are looked at from the side and therefore look very thin when in reality they are wide. There is therefore no color seen on the tail, but I see rufous-brown on the side of the wing both in front of the body and on the primaries that extend above the tail.

Do you see the image differently?

Niels

Hey Niels,

Nah, I see it the same now. Not sure how I confused the primaries for the tail. But your explanation clears it up for me.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back