• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Product Review: GPO Passion 8 x 56. (2 Viewers)

Yes, that's what I see in the Zeiss 7x42FL.
The image quality is exceptional and I have no problems with these false pupils.
Thank you for your photograph.

False exit pupils in Zeiss 7x42FL.View attachment 1544429
Steve:
I suppose you should know you need to center the camera into the ocular before showing us your photo.
Your eye looks into the middle of the ocular, and that false pupil you show is not visible when properly shown.
What you show is not accurate.
You should spend some time on the binocular review site, Allbinos, and you will learn how this is done.
There are photos of false pupils, and how they are shown.
Jerry

Your eye looks into the middle of the ocular, and that false pupil you show is not visible when properly shown.
What you show is not accurate.
Nope, it absolutely is accurate and a false pupil can intrude into the FoV and cause unwanted effects as I have explained in a post above.
It's not the case on the 8x56 because it's too far to the outside but it is a problem in my AK-prism 10x45 DDoptics, which I cannot use with glasses because of the false pupils. They are excellent without glasses though.
Maybe you are the one who needs to spend some more time on Allbinos or even better yet, read a book on binoculars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back