• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Scridifer's Bulgarian List (1 Viewer)

Scridifer

Used Registrar
Supporter
Bulgaria
Birds seen locally to Byala unless otherwise stated, Lifers in bold. For the sake of full disclosure I will be including trips to Gran Canaria and the Balearics, hopefully England too! Thank you for reading.

01/01/23
1) Great Tit
2) Collared Dove
3) House Sparrow
4) Yellow-legged Gull
5) Great Cormorant
6) Black-necked Grebe
7) Black-throated Diver
8) Jay
9) Blackbird
10) Goldfinch
11) Chaffinch
12) Common Buzzard
13) Long-tailed Tit
14) Siskin
15) Wren
16) Hooded Crow
17) Raven
18) Green Woodpecker
19) Pheasant
20) Coot

Make sure you get the robin in Gran Canaria prior to splitting. I'd like to visit there at some point, I've been to the canaries twice but not Gran Canaria and have so many endemic butterflies I'd love to see

Make sure you get the robin in Gran Canaria prior to splitting. I'd like to visit there at some point, I've been to the canaries twice but not Gran Canaria and have so many endemic butterflies I'd love to see
Yes it's on my list, thanks Owen. Main target bird-wise is CG Blue Chaffinch then it's various sub-species and various butterflies, odonates and herps.

Chris

16/01/23 Trustikovo Reservoir, Varna

54) Great Black-backed Gull
55) Shelduck
56) Mallard
57) Common Kestrel

16/01/23 Yatata, Varna

58) Marsh Harrier
59) Gadwall
60) Great Egret
61) Little Grebe
62) White Wagtail
63) Shoveller
64) Pintail
65) Pygmy Cormorant

The robin is very common, should see without much issue 👍

The robin is very common, should see without much issue 👍
In the centre & North but not elsewhere. I fluffed that up as I targeted the Chaffinch twice but was otherwise in the South in my short stay and perhaps not at a good time of year.... I am sure that it would not have been a problem if I had looked at its distribution beforehand but bear that in mind if you are in the South.

All the best

Paul

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230117_202332_Chrome~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20230117_202332_Chrome~2.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 1
In the centre & North but not elsewhere. I fluffed that up as I targeted the Chaffinch twice but was otherwise in the South in my short stay and perhaps not at a good time of year.... I am sure that it would not have been a problem if I had looked at its distribution beforehand but bear that in mind if you are in the South.

All the best

Paul
Many thanks for pointing that out Paul! Staying in Fataga to be reasonably close to the Blue Chaffinch sites so hopefully will be okay.

Chris

All the best

Paul
Yes.

Saw/heard in all the valleys approaching the hills from the northern half, plus in the botanical gardens etc around Santa Cruz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back