• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Scythebill transfer (2 Viewers)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
Can someone please give me a step by step, idiots guide for transferring my list from a laptop, to a PC?

Many thanks in advance

No idea. But it's (surely?) got an export (or backup) and import (or restore) feature - in which case... bingo!

OK, managed it with a CSV but come up about 85 species short, I will have lost some to recent taxonomic changes but I'll have some splits to resove too.

Now, how do I find the 85 species shortfall?

Thanks all.

Yeah, it's always just the .bsxm file. No need to go through .csv files or any other rigamarole.

"Save a copy as" is a good shortcut to get a new copy if you don't know where your .bsxm file is, though you can also use "Open containing folder" in the File menu to get to the right window.

The one and only thing that doesn't get moved when you copy that .bsxm over is entries in the Preferences screen. So if the species count seems almost but not exactly right, check Countability preferences.

Yeah, it's always just the .bsxm file. No need to go through .csv files or any other rigamarole.

"Save a copy as" is a good shortcut to get a new copy if you don't know where your .bsxm file is, though you can also use "Open containing folder" in the File menu to get to the right window.

The one and only thing that doesn't get moved when you copy that .bsxm over is entries in the Preferences screen. So if the species count seems almost but not exactly right, check Countability preferences.
Thanks Adam.

Sorry folks, another Q.

My species total shows (18 sp), are these unresolved splits and how do I address them if they are, simple speak please ;).

Sorry to be such a pain but this stuff really does not come readily to me.

I've resolved two of them by accident, simply by going through the families and inputting races etc, I don't even know which ones they were!

Sorry folks, another Q.

My species total shows (18 sp), are these unresolved splits and how do I address them if they are, simple speak please ;).

Sorry to be such a pain but this stuff really does not come readily to me.
I resolved my sp by going to the show reports page and going through list manually. It was a major job with c7000 species to check. Invariably they involved species which had been split and both new species occurred in a given country. Brazil was a good example of this.

I resolved my sp by going to the show reports page and going through list manually. It was a major job with c7000 species to check. Invariably they involved species which had been split and both new species occurred in a given country. Brazil was a good example of this.
I think that's what I'll have to do Rob, thanks.

What does it mean when you have a small box with 'sp/hyb', clicking this box gives the option 'make a sp. or Hybrid from Pygmy Antwren'.......?

When you get this, there are no races given under the species.

Can someone explain this please.

Pic 471 is what you get with some species when you try to add details of race, clicking on that brings up the pic in 464.

'Make a species or hybrid from'.....what the heck does that mean?

Attachments

• 1709218090464.jpg
    1709218090464.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 10
  • 1709218090471.jpg
    1709218090471.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back