• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sparrow, Eastern Townships, Quebec. (1 Viewer)

Plectrophane

Alain Deschamps
Doesn't look like any of the usual species at this time of year in our area. Note the pink legs and the very bold tan stripe across the eye.

Attachments

• IMG_4994.JPG
    IMG_4994.JPG
    735.7 KB · Views: 74
  • C Caron Bruant sp DSCN5258.jpeg
    C Caron Bruant sp DSCN5258.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 72
  • C. Caron Bruant sp DSCN5252.jpeg
    C. Caron Bruant sp DSCN5252.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 61
  • C. Caron Bruant sp DSCN5254.jpeg
    C. Caron Bruant sp DSCN5254.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 66
Thank you.
We were watching a distant feeder from a road. It was pretty windy last Sunday and the birds kept hiding in the bushes, making only brief appearances at feeders. The House Sparrow seemed odd, compared to these, taken last month, whch are much more obvious. And the Tree Sparrow, was even more elusive and we never had a front view. In fact we thought it was rhe same bird. I went through my phioto archived to see if I could find tree sparrows seen from the back and came up with these (2 pictures on the right).n

Attachments

• IMG_4862.JPG
    IMG_4862.JPG
    668.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4863.JPG
    IMG_4863.JPG
    673.2 KB · Views: 12
  • A. Deschamps BRHU .IMG_2596.JPG
    A. Deschamps BRHU .IMG_2596.JPG
    347.7 KB · Views: 12
  • A. Deschamps BRHU .IMG_4506.JPG
    A. Deschamps BRHU .IMG_4506.JPG