• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski 8x32 EL & Nikon 8x32 SE what a combo! (10 Viewers)

Yes the SV 8x32 is superb! I will be able to do a side by side this weekend with the 8x32 el. When i originally tried the sv i didn't have my el with me! At that time i didn't think the sv offered that much of a difference between my el and now my wifes se! But, something about the image has stuck with me and using my binoculars this week it's been bugging me enough so that i'm going with both the se and el and do a direct comparison! Going from memory is never a good thing! While i did think and stated that i thought the sv's were better i didn't think it was worth the trade off with the two fine binoculars i already have!??? Well now i'm second guessing myself! Something about the image has been driving me crazy all week! I checked and they still have a couple so i'm in luck!!! Being able to compare will give me alot better idea in the differences between them! I have read to much on what people are saying when infact i really wonder who actually has compared them together??? It's really more personal for me to do this! Not out to dismiss anybody elses observations! :) Bryce...

Bryce:

I hope you enjoy your comparisons with the Swaros. I went through the
same with the Swaro. 8.5x42 EL and the SV. I found a difference and
the SV is better in this model in several ways. But for those watching
those changes are incremental, and if you are happy with what you are
using, then good for you.

This thread also adds the Nikon SE 8x32, and I have compared all of these.
I can say I do not have a favorite. All of them have their strong points.
I hope you can also include the Nikon to your comparison.

Jerry

Yes the SV 8x32 is superb! I will be able to do a side by side this weekend with the 8x32 el. When i originally tried the sv i didn't have my el with me! At that time i didn't think the sv offered that much of a difference between my el and now my wifes se! But, something about the image has stuck with me and using my binoculars this week it's been bugging me enough so that i'm going with both the se and el and do a direct comparison! Going from memory is never a good thing! While i did think and stated that i thought the sv's were better i didn't think it was worth the trade off with the two fine binoculars i already have!??? Well now i'm second guessing myself! Something about the image has been driving me crazy all week! I checked and they still have a couple so i'm in luck!!! Being able to compare will give me alot better idea in the differences between them! I have read to much on what people are saying when infact i really wonder who actually has compared them together??? It's really more personal for me to do this! Not out to dismiss anybody elses observations! :) Bryce...

I understand perfectly. The 8x32 el wb is a great piece of glass. But there is that SV edge that pops. You bought the wb when the prices were low correct? Tempting I bet. If you do take the plunge, try the 8 next to the 8.5.

And memory comparisons are bogus. Do the side by side comparison and see for yourself. Let us know what you think.

Last edited:
Bryce:

I hope you enjoy your comparisons with the Swaros. I went through the
same with the Swaro. 8.5x42 EL and the SV. I found a difference and
the SV is better in this model in several ways. But for those watching
those changes are incremental, and if you are happy with what you are
using, then good for you.

This thread also adds the Nikon SE 8x32, and I have compared all of these.
I can say I do not have a favorite. All of them have their strong points.
I hope you can also include the Nikon to your comparison.

Jerry
I plan on bringing the se along as well Jerry, Bryce...

Well my plan is on hold! Dicks Sporting goods in Salem, OR has 2 binoculars like i enquired about but, they are 8.5's, Sportsmans Wharehouse the same! Will h ave to wait until we go to Portland or check Cabela's in Springfield!!! My regular little mom & pop places would have to order them, i'm not ready to do that! Well i might have to go back to my original plan and wait until next month when we go to see the grandchildren in Virginia, there is a big Bass Pro Shop there! We'll see??? Bryce...

Yes the SV 8x32 is superb! I will be able to do ...

I also like sv832's size and the design when you handle it you can put more fingers in the open space,very comfortable not like the narrow space on 42 sv and 52 sv.I got a SV8.542 but I think it is heavy to be carried when I go out,I would trade off a bit optics for a smaller size,so a small 32sv is perfect for carrying and handling.Right now the 832sv is the best all around in all 832 models,the optics is very close to 42sv,only the brightness is noticeable when in a low light condition.

Do have a comparison and see what you need.

Xin

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back