• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tarts tick.... (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help feeling that this is another example of Britain going PC-crazy! There are lots of female BF members - could some of them please respond and say whether they find the term "Tart's Tick" offensive? So far it seems to be mainly males arguing the case.

I have heard this used in birding circles for as long as I can remember and have never caught the slightest whiff of offence being caused. I really do find it extremely difficult to believe that anyone could seriously get upset by such an expression - but there again I stand to be corrected (though having been married for 23 years and with two teenage daughters, I would hope to have a reasonable understanding......).

This thread seems to have run it's course and now has nothing to do with birds/birding.
Further discussion would be best suited to the off-topic ruffled feathers forum.
Thread closed.
Thanks admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back