• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Too good to be true? (1 Viewer)

The only kicker on the 8x version is the eye relief....10 mm. For some it wouldn't be an issue but if you wear glasses.....

The 10x has a listed 16 mm of eye relief so they are more usable. For $45 it seems like a no-brainer.

I may order the 8x's.

;)

Frank,

If you order the 8x model with 10mm ER, you might want to buy one of these too in case your wife doesn't have a set:

http://www.tradeeasy.com/supplier/17979/products/p1059777/lady-grooming-set-eyelash-curler-and-trimmer.html

Brock

Frank,

If you order the 8x model with 10mm ER, you might want to buy one of these too in case your wife doesn't have a set:

http://www.tradeeasy.com/supplier/17979/products/p1059777/lady-grooming-set-eyelash-curler-and-trimmer.html

Brock

Brock,

How did you know I was a metrose...l?

8-P

But, yes, I get your point. I have had binoculars where my eyelashes actually left marks on the oculars. Others haven't caused the issue despite the relatively short eye relief. Maybe my eyelashes are getting shortened regularly from my using so many EWA porros.

;)

Brock,

How did you know I was a metrose...l?

8-P

But, yes, I get your point. I have had binoculars where my eyelashes actually left marks on the oculars. Others haven't caused the issue despite the relatively short eye relief. Maybe my eyelashes are getting shortened regularly from my using so many EWA porros.

;)

I dunno Frank, that gizmo brock linked might not be such a bad idea if we get into any 12-13* field binoculars. I almost feel eye lash contact at the ocular surface as it is. ;)

Yeah well Steve. Good luck grabbing that level of extra wide angle bin. I have only seen one pop up on the bay since I started looking and it sold for something like $175...and it wasn't one of the more popular 12-13 degree models.

Those seem extremely hard to come by.

Yeah well Steve. Good luck grabbing that level of extra wide angle bin. I have only seen one pop up on the bay since I started looking and it sold for something like $175...and it wasn't one of the more popular 12-13 degree models.

Those seem extremely hard to come by.

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing. Well, I guess 620 will have to do ;). I really don't fancy myself with a set of those doo dads brock linked. I did wonder a little about his knowing where to find it.

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing. Well, I guess 620 will have to do ;). I really don't fancy myself with a set of those doo dads brock linked. I did wonder a little about his knowing where to find it.

Bwwaaaahhaaaahaaa!

Now that right there is funny.

;)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back