• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

V. Vipers optic quality? (1 Viewer)

Pepitogrillo

Andorra
Hello,

Reading the specifications of the Vortex binoculars I found their lifetime guarantee, it's great, I think something like this is not very common...
I would love the Razor models but now I can't spend that amount, I see that the Vipers are down in terms of optics but not by much according to what I read in some reviews, is this really so...? there are people who compare them with the Nikon HG or Zeiss Conquest..
greetings
Pepito

I don't have that particular model but be careful with those warranty claims. In Germany for example, the lifetime warranty only applies if you buy directly from the Vortex homepage. So, not sure how it is in Andorra. But I would double check on the Vortex website if the lifetime warranty applies.
Apart from that -- I think @Paultricounty owns those or has owned them.

I don't have that particular model but be careful with those warranty claims. In Germany for example, the lifetime warranty only applies if you buy directly from the Vortex homepage. So, not sure how it is in Andorra. But I would double check on the Vortex website if the lifetime warranty applies.
Apart from that -- I think @Paultricounty owns those or has owned them.
From the little research I have done, I think Vortex have a no-questions asked approach to their lifetime warranty. Users who have sent their optics in for servicing have nothing but good things to say about them, it seems.

As for the Viper, people tend to say that it rivals the Razor in overall glass clarity, but build quality and AFOV are not as good. I use a Razor scope myself, and that is much better than the Viper scope, for sure, despite what I have heard some people say.

From the little research I have done, I think Vortex have a no-questions asked approach to their lifetime warranty.
In Germany they explicitly exclude "grey market" products from their lifetime warranty. You have to buy from an authorised seller or directly on the homepage. I am guessing it is similar in other European (especially EU) countries.
I just wanted to warn against buying from just any seller on amazon or ebay who might not be an authorised seller but maybe have the lowest price.
Other companies -- for example DDoptics -- offer warranties that are not tied to buying from an authorised seller -- and that would even apply when buying used.

I have the Viper 8x42. I had a Diamondback HD. While the DB was good, the Viper was much better. More solid feel, clear glass, brighter, less fall off at the edges, larger sweet spot. I got mine on Veterans day at a big discount and am glad I did. If you can try them before you buy them that would be best, but their warranty is excellent so you can send it back if it isn't what you want. If I could afford a Razor I might have gone with that, but the Viper is very good.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back