• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minox 10x43 HG's (1 Viewer)

Jonny Rankin

Formerly Jonny Crossbill
Dear All,

For anyone interested in the Minox 10x43 HG's I purchased a pair over the weekend & have found them absolutely superb.

Tried a whole range from £200 Bushell's up to top of the range (cost a fortune) Zeiss and found a huge gap from the c£300/350 mark to the £450 mark with performance of the Minox HG's comparable to the high-end Zeiss models.

Absolutely chuffed with em ;)

Yes the 8x33 HG balances nicely in my hands, and focuses slightly more smoothly than the equivalent FL (though the FL is a bit better optically).

The 10x43 HG I own is a lot newer, bought to provide 10x when I need it so hasn't had the use of the others but it seems fine so far.

In terms of ruggedness the 8x33 has been pretty well everywhere with me, suffering bouncing around on Norwegian roads to being left out one stormy English night with no ill effects. Despite the charms of more expensive bins the HG is still the most used - it feels right, is not as disastrous if anything happens to it and I am sure that it has not missed a bird (or anything else) by using them.

May you have as much fun with them as I have.

J

Yes the 8x33 HG balances nicely in my hands, and focuses slightly more smoothly than the equivalent FL (though the FL is a bit better optically).

The 10x43 HG I own is a lot newer, bought to provide 10x when I need it so hasn't had the use of the others but it seems fine so far.

In terms of ruggedness the 8x33 has been pretty well everywhere with me, suffering bouncing around on Norwegian roads to being left out one stormy English night with no ill effects. Despite the charms of more expensive bins the HG is still the most used - it feels right, is not as disastrous if anything happens to it and I am sure that it has not missed a bird (or anything else) by using them.

May you have as much fun with them as I have.

J

The Minox HG 8 x 33 is a real sleeper IMHO. Very fine ergonomics and wonderful views. Glad to hear the durability is there as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back