• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Messingham Sand Quarries:Sightings 12-05-04 (1 Viewer)

intellectual

England
Hello everyone,

After spending last week in hospital, I needed to get out in the fresh air. So what better place than my favourite nature reserve. Took one of my birding pals with me. We arrived at 13:30 and departed at 15:30. I had enjoyed getting out the house for a couple of hours. Also saw a birder we both know and exchanged info' etc.

Although there weren't many birds about, for me that wasn't important.

This is what we saw:

Cormorant - 2 [both sat at the top of an electricty pylon]
Grey Heron
Robin
Sand Martin's
Coot + two juvs
Mute Swan
Crow
Wood Pigeon
Reed Bunting
Gadwall
Pochard
Shelduck
B-H Gull
Lapwing
C.Buzzard
Common Tern
Ruddy Duck
L-T Tit
Blackcap
Tufted Duck
Chaffinch
Canada Goose
Mallard
Swift
Blackbird
Magpie

Grey Squirrel

There were a few birders there for a change, the good weather has brought them out.

Regards

Intellectual

Sorry to hear about your hospitalisation, hope everything's OK now!

Thanks for the list.

Can you believe I STILL haven't taken a look in MSQ??? Too busy at work... gotta get my priorities sorted!

birdman said:
Sorry to hear about your hospitalisation, hope everything's OK now!

Thanks for the list.

Can you believe I STILL haven't taken a look in MSQ??? Too busy at work... gotta get my priorities sorted!

Hi Dave,

The reason I was admitted has cleared up, but suffering from side-effects.

Get yourself down to MSQ, even if it's only for a short time.

A Bittern was seen there a few days ago according to the log.

Cheers
John.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back