• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Objective Caps for my 8x32 LX's... (1 Viewer)

Donzo98

Hi Gang...

I want to get some get some tethered caps for my 8x32 LX's. I have looked around online and so far I found the EO's and Bushwacker Bino optics caps. Which do you people prefer?

I guess I cant ask John Traynor since he is so obviously BIASED. I think he works for Swarovski, or is it Nikon? ;) Just kidding John... I couldnt help myself. I for one... do appreciate your opinions...

Don

Objective lens covers

Donzo98 said:
Hi Gang...

I want to get some get some tethered caps for my 8x32 LX's. I have looked around online and so far I found the EO's and Bushwacker Bino optics caps. Which do you people prefer?

I guess I cant ask John Traynor since he is so obviously BIASED. I think he works for Swarovski, or is it Nikon? ;) Just kidding John... I couldnt help myself. I for one... do appreciate your opinions...

Don

Hello again, Don,
You might want to check with John about getting you a pair, but at one time I think I borrowed some covers from an old pair of Swarovski 8x30 SLC's and found that they just barely fit.
Len

Len Glasser said:
Hello again, Don,
You might want to check with John about getting you a pair, but at one time I think I borrowed some covers from an old pair of Swarovski 8x30 SLC's and found that they just barely fit.
Len

This from an earlier post from months back:

A little tip for anyone who owns Nikon High Grade / Venturer 32 mm models (8x32 or 10x32):

In order to afford extra protection to the objective lenses then it may be of interest that Swarovski have integral objective covers (the kind that can be attached to the barrels and which hang permanently) and which fit like a glove on the Nikon 32mm models. These are the ones that are manufactured for the Swarovski 8 x 30 SLC binos (stamped with product no. Swarovski 363-678A). They don't cost much, are available in most countries and are a worthy investment to protect your Nikon's (which cost a small fortune and you don't want to scratch the objectives now do you).

- the caps should fit the 8 x 32 models as they are also 32mm.

Seawatcher

The Swarovski covers fit more snugly than the Eagle Optics version, and are made of heavier rubber. The latter are fine, however, and much less costly (in the U.S.).

Well, this is a Swarovski item that's supposed to be delivered to me tomorrow. I needed a new rainguard for my 10x Nikon Sporter, so I bought a Swarvovski one from Eagle Optics. But from what I've read in some of you're messages, I'm wondering if it's going to fit. Len, Seawatcher, what do you think?
marcus

Donzo98 said:
Hi Gang...

Don

Don,

You should know better! I sell my services to the highest bidder.

All I can tell you is the EO 32mm caps work OK on an 8X32 SE and the 32mm EO bins. USA cost is 7 bucks and that includes shipping.

John

chartwell99 said:
The Swarovski covers fit more snugly than the Eagle Optics version, and are made of heavier rubber. The latter are fine, however, and much less costly (in the U.S.).

I ordered a pair of the Swarovski covers today for the 8x32 LX's. I used optics 4 Birdings website. They werent as cheap as the EO version (9.45 USD each actually), but what the hell!!! Its only money... ;)

Thanks for your help everyone...

Don

Why have the objective covers attached to the binocular?

My only reason for having them attached to my Swarovskies is the design of the case, it doesn't seem to lend itself to having a stiff piece of plastic in the bottom to protect the objectives while the binocular
is in the case. Although, maybe I should try again to put a stiff piece of plastic in the bottom of the Swaro. case.

Are you folks using the captive objective covers when it rains in the field?

Rich

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back