• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

8x32 EL objective covers? (1 Viewer)

laurencejackson

Can anyone recommend a replacement for my 2008 8x32 EL tethered objective covers? They died some time ago and I haven't got around to replacing them, but I think it would be wise now. I know Swarovski have there own but are there any other 3rd party ones to be had? Thanks!

😉I should have read the earlier posts about the SV covers from August, but having read them it seems that there SV barrels are a little narrower than the original Els which I have. So my question stands!

I'd fire an email over to Swarovski Customer Care (or fill in a contact form on their 'Service' portal), they should hold a stock of spares and be able to help you out. I've always had very helpful responses from them. Good luck!

I recently lost the objective cover for my ATS80 spotting 'scope.
I contacted Swarovski customer care in Austria, via the service portal and they arranged for me to receive a new one from Swarovski U.K. free of charge and no questions asked.

I'd fire an email over to Swarovski Customer Care (or fill in a contact form on their 'Service' portal), they should hold a stock of spares and be able to help you out. I've always had very helpful responses from them. Good luck!
When do they stop sending free eyecups out?

When do they stop sending free eyecups out?
I assume 'officially' at the expiry of the warranty, but it would surprise me not a bit if they were to send you some for yours if you contact them. I find the ladies at our UK HQ to be exceptionally helpful, but first line of enquiry for you is completing the 'Spare Parts' request on the Swarovski Optik service portal, from where your request will be dealt with and help provided. No harm requesting those lens covers you were looking for at the same time, see what response you receive about those too.

Edit: Oops, thought I was replying to @laurencejackson again, but reply still stands (lens cap comments irrelevant now, of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back