• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

zen-ray dealer (1 Viewer)

Hey guys,

I was looking for reputable website selling the Zen-Ray ZRS.
In many places (Amazon including) they are sold by wayfair.com
The cost is 191$ on their website.

I am wondering if you've ever bough binos from wayfair.com and how did it go.

Also, these ZRSes seem to be the 2010 version. Is there a newer version?
And is 191$ a good deal?

Thank you

I ordered ED2 7X36 directly from Zen Ray. Excellent service. Check out their website. ZRS HD 8X42 is selling for $205. And yes, I believe it is a newer model, previously called Summit.

I have bought 3 binoculars from Wayfair in the last year or so. No problems and a good return policy. $191 is a good price for the ZRS. As long as it says ZRS HD then it should be the newest model. I don't believe the ZRS has been upgraded since then.

My one interaction w/Wayfair was as a second party supplier to Buy.com. Inadvertently an additional photo, not the main pic that opened on the page, was of an outdoor seat of some type. Buy.com confirms my bin purchases and within the next few days Wayfair does similar, but for two adjustable outdoor seats.

Immediately I reply that I didn't order any outdoor seats and had confirmation on a couple of bin orders. Do not ship me adjustable outdoor seats!

Well, a couple of days later I caught the FedEx guy delivering a couple of large heavy packages w/outdoor seat label/pic plastered on the edge. I refused delivery w/o opening the package and had to contact my CC twice to have the charges removed from my card.

At the time of purchase I didn't realize that I was being routed through a different supplier. Nothing unusual about that though as Sears, Waly-World, Newegg and others will broker deals for suppliers through their site for a piece of the action.

All's well that ends well I suppose.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back