• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swifts. (1 Viewer)

oceans

A while ago I once posted a thread on Swifts and was given a website to visit belonging to a guy in Germany. He had great designs for nest boxes. I have lost the link. Anyone out there know it?
Much appreciated.

It doesnt look the same but maybe he`s redesigned it. I`ve e.mailed anyway.
I am fortunate enough to get swifts drop by every summer and nest in our eaves. Sadly over the space of 3 years we have noticed that people on our road have been blocking their access. This guy had brilliant plans for building swift boxes and I thought if we could offer extra nesting space and also maybe encourage our neighbors to do so aswell.
Thanx.

Hi ..I also want to build a swifts nest box...I the frist swift on Sat 4th..late? only one ...but have lived in this house for 10 yrs and it was only last year I saw them quite a few..then on Sunday my next door neighbour was having his sheep sheared.. and OH what a sight!!! there must have been at least 30..in all... swallows.. house martins... swifts,,oh and a lone bussard..all flying above the sheep ,are they after flies that are on the sheeps wool?? but they where flying quite high up ..or was it because it was a lovely still (for a change) 3.00ish?..but they have all gone ..where?? so if I build some next boxes?? may be

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back