• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sigma 500mm ? (1 Viewer)

chubri777

I have a friend who has a Sigma 500mm prime EOS mount that he is willing to sell to me. The lens is older and works great on his Canon film camera but when attached to my 20D I get error 99. Is this lens not compatible with the newer digital cameras or is there a fix that can be performed?
Thanks in advance
Chuck

This is a common problem with older Sigma lenses, you should be able to use the lens wide open in Av mode, but if you try and stop down it will error 99 again. I doubt that Sigma can sort this now (contact them with the serial number to check) and personally would not even consider buying the lens.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back