• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Additional form fields needed when submitting content (1 Viewer)

Terry O'Nolley

Cow-headed Jaybird
Unless I am missing something (which I very well may be), there is no way to tell what geographical location the program refers to unless it is specified in the text string that you display as the "title".

Also, the language in which the narration is given is also undiscernible until after you click the movie and realize you don't understand anything that is being said.

Can you add columns for the country/ies where the content was filmed and the language in which the movie is narrated?

It isn't that I don't appreciate movies about the birds of the Kalahari narrated in Afrikaans, it is just that I am not entirely interested is such content and couldn't even understand what the narrator is saying to begin with.

Create a "nation" reference table. Create a "language" reference table. Make the selection of which nation the movie takes place in and the language the narrator speaks in required fields when submitting new content.

Or not. It is free to me so I have no grounds for complaint. But I think people would appreciate knowing whether they can even understand what is being said or not before they click on a movie to watch.

Re: Additional form fields needed when nsubmitting content.

Hi it's that Flewpastme character and I would like to express m,y opinion on said Thread, to a Major extent I agree, :t::t:, but I also respect the rights of the Producers to put the language in the most feasible Language for "said Documentary", although it is not the Dialect of the "Kalahari Desert" - AFRIKANS is probably the most suitabe for the Target Audience, and it would cost a substantial amount to TRANSLSATE the Narration into either French or English, the 2 top spoken/understood languages on Planet Earth, I for one xwould urge those Producing Future Documentaries to add a suitable SUB-TITLE to the Narration and that would alleviate most, if not all the Problems on an otherwise EXCELLENT DIRECTION & PRODUCTION, Cheers B :)B :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back