• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Daypack for scope, tripod/head? (1 Viewer)

jrhudgins

Hello,

I am wondering if any of you have a recommendation for a daypack for carrying a scope(I use a Swaro ATS80) and tripod with head, as well as a water bottle, book, etc. The Swarovski Extremadura pack is the idea I am looking for, just not at that price, and maybe something padded a little more.

Thanks,

JR

daypack

jrhudgins said:
Hello,

I am wondering if any of you have a recommendation for a daypack for carrying a scope(I use a Swaro ATS80) and tripod with head, as well as a water bottle, book, etc. The Swarovski Extremadura pack is the idea I am looking for, just not at that price, and maybe something padded a little more.

Thanks,

JR
swarovski extremadura on a well known auction site today. regards stuart

jrhudgins said:
Hello,

Thanks,

JR
The Extremadura is in the range of $265-$295 (expensive!) Do you want a padded pack that can carry your tripod inside or outside of the pack? I managed to find a long (30") narrow internal frame backpack for backpacking for $10 at a garage sale, got a 2'x6' piece of MSR ridgerest foam pad (ensolite), cut & sized it to fit it in the backpack, and I put both my scope & tripod inside with padding between the two. Cost: $15. The pack doesn't have the 'Swarovski' look, but it also doesn't scream out that I have expensive optical equipment inside. I feel it's more comfortable & balanced to carry scope & tripod inside, although it takes a little longer for set-up if you're hurried to get on a bird. The other advantage is that you can obtain pockets or straps to add on extra gear if needed, although most backpacking packs have a top pocket big enough for extras.

day pack for scope

jrhudgins said:
Hello,

Thanks,

JR
american scope pack on well known internet auction site today under telescopes in photography. regards stuart.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back