• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi From Queensland (1 Viewer)

Miss Lou Lou

Hi everyone, I have a bee in my bonnet about a bird that I have seen and is not in the Australian bird book. I really want to know what it is so have joined this forum with the hope of discovering more about it.

I love my birds and make sure there is always water for them, planted numerous native fruit trees and nectar trees and even love my butcher birds, crows and magpies who live here on 45 acres of Land For Wildlife.

I also have a panda bear who frequents my trees and grasses and cuddles up with me on cold nights.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Attachments

• stanmore 2019 074a.jpg
    stanmore 2019 074a.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 33
  • stanmore 2019 073a.jpg
    stanmore 2019 073a.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 18
  • stanmore 2019 075a.jpg
    stanmore 2019 075a.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 18
  • stanmore 2019 076a.jpg
    stanmore 2019 076a.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 10
  • stanmore 2019 077a.jpg
    stanmore 2019 077a.jpg
    349.3 KB · Views: 20
I'm going to move your thread to the Bird I D section and have subscribed you to it so you will be notified on any postsl

My Panda Bear is relatively bird friendly however he does chase the butcher birds away from his water because they like to bathe in his drinking water and he does not appreciate that. He also gets upset if they try to scab from me at meal time. He lets the magpies finish off his dinners and never chases the rails or swamp hens. He likes to eat my syzygium berries and wild grasses not in seed and is a fantastic animal for a bird sanctuary as he growls at predatory lizards and snakes making them think twice about entering the bird sanctuary. Here are some pictures of "Pandy".

Attachments

• stanmore 2019 041a.jpg
    stanmore 2019 041a.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 9
  • stanmore 2019 081a.jpg
    stanmore 2019 081a.jpg
    600.7 KB · Views: 6
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back