• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarowski 10x42 booster (1 Viewer)

morag

Has anyone bought a booster for the 10x42's?
If, so, is it worth buying?
Also is it possible to buy a leather case for 10x42's.

morag said:
Has anyone bought a booster for the 10x42's?
If, so, is it worth buying?
Also is it possible to buy a leather case for 10x42's.

Hi Morag,

The 2x booster will fit either EL or SLCs and uses different adapter rings for the various models. However, it will not work with the 8x30 SLC.

I did buy one some time ago for my 10x42 SLC, but frankly wouldn't recommend it. It's not as effective as a 20x spotting scope that might cost less, but still requires a tripod in the field. Yes, I can use it marginally hand-held, or with a FISMO (see equipment review), but the binocular is unbalanced laterally and the whole rig is rather awkward. If there are practical uses for it I haven't found them.

If you are asking if Swaro makes leather cases, I'm not aware that they do except for the pocket binoculars — and they cost a bundle.

Enjoy the view whatever you do.

Elkcub

Eanna O'Flynn said:
Thanks, Elkcub, for your reply to Morag, you just saved me quite a few euros because I was going to buy a booster and get rid of a pocket scope. It's hard to figure out why Swarovski bothered with the booster in the first place, an odd bit of marketing when you think about it, i.e. an accessory that has no really useful function. 'Twould be nicer if they'd spent that R&D cash on rewarding their customers with a half-decent bag supplied with the EL bins in the first place.

Eanna,

Thank you for the feedback. Nice to know that someone makes use of these opinions. |;|

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back