• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

10x42 pure and el 10x50 (1 Viewer)

A 10x50 is nicer than a 10x42, and a 10x42 is nicer than a 10x32. It just depends on how much weight you want to carry. The NL 10x42 will have a bigger FOV than the EL 10x50, but that is all. The EL 10x50 will have easier eye placement, handle glare much better, have sharper edges and be much better in low light while weighing only a couple oz. more. The way I look at it, the EL 10x50 wins.

You are not saving much weight with the NL 10x42 over the EL 10x50. With the strap and objective covers and rain guard, my NL 10x42 weighed over 33 oz. on a postal scale.
As i said in another post , the 10x50 are a lump compared to my 10x32 . The web states the 10x42 nl are same size as 10x32nl . I have ordered them so we will see

Of course, Jerry !... I was just drawing your attention to these wrong measurements about the size of these two instruments. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back