• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (13 Viewers)

From a quiet Flashes JTB reports:

Unsurprisingly no Sandwich Tern, 32 Avocet, 4 LR Plover, 10 Lapwing, 11 Shoveler, 4 Shelduck, plenty of Blackcap and Sedge Warblers singing plus Cetti's Warbler.

If you do find an UNUSUAL BIRD could you ease contact one of us.
TEXT PHIL, MIKE or ME (our numbers are in the log books) anyone who phones me will automatically be added to my #uptonwarren text list ;),
DON'T JUST TWEET AS I don't always get internet signal. WE CAN THEN GET NEWS OUT to the 145 people on the List.:t:john

Thankfully I will be at the reserve Saturday afternoon/evening for the first time since my unexpected hospital stay. Preying the Ibis is still there, will be a lifer 😳 hopefully something unexpected drops in, you’ll be the first to know John 👍

WOOD WARBLER at the Moors Pool in the North Moors, found by Paul Croft. Please approach carefully and quietly.

Phil, has there ever been a record of Wood Warbler breeding on the reserve? I imagine there is not enough suitable habitat to sustain a breeding attempt, but would be nice if they tried.

Phil, has there ever been a record of Wood Warbler breeding on the reserve? I imagine there is not enough suitable habitat to sustain a breeding attempt, but would be nice if they tried.

Not that I am aware Gav - they tend not to linger in the spring so anyone who needs it for their Upton ljst should really try today. Full history of Wood Warbler on the reserve to be posted in the next 24 hours.

Glossy Ibis back at the Moors Pool on Amy's Marsh btw.

Not that I am aware Gav - they tend not to linger in the spring so anyone who needs it for their Upton ljst should really try today. Full history of Wood Warbler on the reserve to be posted in the next 24 hours.

Glossy Ibis back at the Moors Pool on Amy's Marsh btw.

Ok, cheers Phil, be there within the hour, looking forward to reading Wood Warbler history, one of my favourite warblers 👍

This morning's report so far via Gert, Dave J and Andy P:

Glossy Ibis at the Flashes until 5:50am then on the southern side of Amy's Marsh at the Moors Pool from 7:10am.

At the Flashes - 42 Avocet, 1s Mediterranean Gull, Little Egret, 4 LR Plover, 2 Oystercatcher, 8 Shelduck, 5 Shoveler, 2 Teal

4 Common Tern on Sailing Pool

Cuckoo heard calling from Webbs Garden Centre

Users who are viewing this thread

Back