• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sony a33 in use (1 Viewer)

Wildmoreway

I have had one for over a week now, I am very impressed with it, apart from being lighter than the comparable a550, in use it is not noticeably different from an SLR other than it is useful to have the information directly on the evf, battery wise I have been over 500 shots without the level so far falling below 38%, it probably helps that I review the images in the evf.

Fun, isn't it :) Just getting used to my A55 and need a good day out now! Battery life is longer than I expected, but the iq, especially at high iso is stunning!

The reviews show the a55 has having a better battery life than the a33, one annoyance with the a33 is that it uses a different battery than the a230.

Last edited:
The form factor is important here - bigger battery and size would have been compromised. Have you played with 7fps, handheld twilight and panorama yet? Great fun to play with!

I lost the eyecup early on and had trouble finding another, I managed to adapt an eyecup from one for an a200 and little bit of tape is keeping it secure. I understand the lost eyecup is an issue with the a33.

I have also been experimenting with long exposure star shots using a minolta 28mm lens, and I have been quite pleased so far.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back