• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

URGENT need for help re Yahoo mail!!! (1 Viewer)

HH75

Ireland
Hi all,
I was a little surprised, on logging in to my Yahoo mail account today, to see that I had only received two e-mails, neither one being one that I had been sent last night. I was even more surprised, and worried, to see that all of my stored e-mails (a few hundred!), stored drafts and even addresses had all disappeared also!!
I didn't open any attachment yesterday that could contain a virus, and anyway that would affect whatever computer I was using, surely, rather than my e-mail account? Has anyone else had similar problems with Yahoo, and (more importantly) has this situation even resolved itself for anyone of its own accord (perhaps Yahoo are having problems)?
Harry

Just checked my Yahoo and all saved email is still there. Not sure but is Yahoo email actually saved on you cp and not on Yahoo's?

H, just checked mine, it's fine. A friend of mine had a similar thing happen to his Hotmail account, and I'm sorry to say that the lost stuff didn't come back!

Hi all,
Well, I found all my missing e-mails anyway...they were all in my Trash folder, all 1000+ of them! No idea how they got there. Having to try to rescue them all at the moment, and still have no address book, but the worst problem has passed, thankfully!
Harry

I think Yahoo is having seizures. My inbox's mail disappeared for a few seconds day before yesterday, and I'm currently in a row with them that began two weeks ago about bouncing emails sent to me, not being able to interpret HTML messages and attachments sent to me, and sometimes even excluding JPG attachments. Grrrr... :C It's not like it's because it's free, either. I'm paying for their MailPlus service.

May be time to go back to Earthlink. At least there you can get immediate access to human tech support in a pinch.

BT Yahoo has definitely had a reorganisation. I got an email saying they had created a bulk folder (for some reason I never had one before even though it is one of the standard ones) and that there was an email in my bulk folder but there wasn't.

If ever there was a good reason to get yourself a proper pop3 email account from a good ISP that also allows you to access it from anywhere then this is it !!

Ashley

I don't know if this is relevant but I received this pertaining to problems with a Yahoo group I subscribe to:-

Hello all,

I have received this forwarded message from a couple of other yahoo
groups I'm a member of and it may explain some of the problems
people
have been reporting:

Hi Folks,

Should have posted this earlier, but I wanted to let everyone know
that we are aware of the delays in email delivery that are affecting
many groups right now. The problem is not related to any of the
database and hardware work we were doing earlier in the year.

Rather, the primary cause is the "My Wife virus
(http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_138027.htm), which has caused a
huge
spike in the number of emails sent to Yahoo! Groups. This spike has
gone beyond the capacity of our current systems to handle, which is
causing the delays in email delivery.

We have already taken two steps to address the issue, which has begun
to reduce the number of delays:
- We are dropping (i.e. not delivering) all outgoing email that
includes the virus (in other words, we are not sending infected
messages to groups).
- We have added additional server capacity

And we are planning to increase that capacity even more. However,
until the virus has fully played itself out or more ISPs have taken
steps to reduce the amount of email they are sending to us (by
dropping messages that contain the virus rather than forcing us to
do it), there may continue to be some delays.

Our apologies for any inconvenience.

- Gordon
Yahoo! Groups Team

Mick

ashrich said:
If ever there was a good reason to get yourself a proper pop3 email account from a good ISP that also allows you to access it from anywhere then this is it !!

Ashley
I have BT Yahoo mail and it can be accessed through pop3 and via the web. The bulk folder is where your spam mail is kept for 1 month before it is deleted.

If you find an email in your bulk folder that is not spam just click on it then select not spam then it will always go to your email account. You can also disable the bulk (spam) folder if you do not get too much spam.

I find 99.9% of my emails are spam and are correctly put in the spam folder. I just check my bulk folder via the web every day then press the delete all button. The emails not in the bulk folder are sent direct to my pop3 mail on my PC.

Brett.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back