• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

zeiss harpier scope (1 Viewer)

Stevebacon

Hi everyone I am sure this topic has been raised in the past but here goes again.
I am currently the happy owner of a Zeiss harpier 95mm scope with the exception of one annoying problem in that the scope screw thread detatches it's self from the QR plate on my Manfrotto MVH502AH tripod head when out walking after a mile or so requiring it to be retightened several times during the course of the day.
I have considered trying to an alternative head which is a shame as the current rig coupled with manfrotto 550 carbon fibre legs gives excellent stability when in a static situation it's the transportation thats the ptoblem.
I would welcome any suggestions I had considered a Swarivski balnce rail but not sure if this would work with a Zeiss scope

Regards Steve bacon

The Manfrotto system should be secure enough, in conjunction with the anti rotation pin. Otherwise try a pipe thread locking compound eg from Loctite or similar.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back