• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Engadin walley (1 Viewer)

supersid

Hi,

I'm travelling to the Engadin valley in the mid of July this year. We'll stay in St. Moritz. I've tried to google birding in the Engadin valley, but with no luck. Thus, I ask the question her: are there anyone who have som good spots for birding in the Engadin Valley? I dream of species like wallcreeper, alpine accentor and rock thrush. But all suggestions are welcome :)

BR, Sindre

I was in the area 25 years ago (camping in Zernez – St. Moritz is a bit too expensive!)
In July, Wallcreeper will be high up. I saw it in Val Tantermozza on the way to Piz Quattervals, near Zernez. The National Park is a good place to see Lammergeier nowadays. Alpine Accentor was quite common. Fuorcla Trupchun could be a relatively easy to reach place, which also has Citril Finch and easily observable Ibex.
I have never seen Rock Thrush in Switzerland...

Have you tried looking here?
http://ornitho.ch/index.php?m_id=1&langu=en

I think you'll have to register in order to view specific records (i.e. if you search for Engadin), but it's free.

It's free but you have to contribute first to be able to search for records.

If you pm me your e-mail adress I can give you a list with spots in the Engadin valley where Rock Thrush has been seen in 2015. It's a widespread but sometimes hard to find species in Switzerland.
Alpine Accentor is common and easy to find, just make sure to go high up. Wallcreeper is somehow unpredictable. However, later in the year some sites may be known on ornitho and you could check them out.

André

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back