• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

back garden moth community (1 Viewer)

I had stepped aside from running the website to pursue my photography. As it was a site effectively run by other members but still in my name I wasn't really prepared to foot the bill for the renewal costs. Unfortunately donations didn't come through in time. It's still there but not active.

As far as I am aware nobody has asked for donations!

I offered a contribution (as did several other members) about a year ago when the new administrators started to run it.

I hope something can be done to collect a few subs and get it back up again!

Regards, Tony

Hi tony. I did offer to go 50/50 on it but it all went quiet. I did send an email but no response. The running costs are £87 per year so not cheap. It can still be saved if people want to contribute. From my perspective, it's not a site I use greatly anymore since the hacking episode, plus I concentrate on my bird photography these days.

Simon

Hi Simon,

I completely understand your position.

From memory the offers of funding last year from various members would have easily covered the £87.00 so I can only assume that money is not the only issue. Also I met one of the administrators at a moth conference in March (?) and again offered to contribute.

It is frustrating that there seems to be no way of finding out about the true position with the site - one of the administrators may be away but Dave seems to be around as he updated his own blog this morning. There was no indication that anything was amiss in the days before BGM went down and both Dave and Douglas were posting regularly and giving ID advice although Douglas was quiet for a few days so maybe on holiday.

Be patient and wait and see I guess - hopefully there will be some way to get BGM back up and running again.

Regards, Tony

Just to let you know that back garden moths is now live again. Thanks to another kind member we split the cost for the coming year.

That's great Simon!

Please PM me if you would like a contribution - I would be happy to do so, you have borne the full cost for a few years now.

Regards, Tony

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back