• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden (Yard) List 2013 (2 Viewers)

35 Brush Cuckoo (54th for house)
36 Varied Triller (55th for house)
37 Tree Martin (56th for house)
38 Chestnut-breasted Manakin (57th for house)
39 Yellow Honeyeater (58th for house)

Last edited:
A surprising day with a number of small passerines added ...

43) Wren
44) Long-tailed Tit
45) Linnet
46) Meadow Pipit

The Wren was a new bird in the garden - first seen next door, it then flew in and perched up briefly. Picked up and seen by eye, the LTTit and Linnets suddenly appearing while scanning with the scope.

Yet to record Robin.

Last edited:
Just eclipsed the ''half way'' mark already (last year's total!)..and all within the first two weeks!...If it carry's on like this, I'll be on circa 912 by year end! :)

My 2013 list is thundering to an impressive halt!

Do however have both Stone and Pine Martins visiting my feeders, got both on video this week at a lump of fat.

30. Wedge-tailed Eagle. House tick taking list to 50, what a stonking bird!
31. Yellow-spotted Honeyeater; 51st spp for house
32. Little Bronze Cuckoo; 52 spp for house
I had about a dozen species of BOPS for my 'garden' last year which didn't include Whistling Kite, which I know you've had, or this little (or rather big) cracker!

Can I do mammals instead - my birds are sitting static?

Most via camera trap:

1. Beaver
2. Roe Deer
3. Elk (tracks only)
4. Bank Vole
5. Red Fox
6. Pine Marten
7. Stone Marten
8. Polecat
9. Wild Boar

Had a couple of Red Squirrels through November and December, but unfortunately they vanished before making the 2013 list ...I think the martens might have eaten them (at least five of the latters now present)!

Had a couple of Red Squirrels through November and December, but unfortunately they vanished before making the 2013 list ...I think the martens might have eaten them (at least five of the latters now present)!

Five ticks for me too!

And things are static here too.

Static, but busy. I've counted some seventy individual birds actually within the garden, including 10 Lt tits, 10 Blackbirds 12 + House sparrows, with Blue, Great & Coal tits coming in almost constantly. Two Crows & two or more Magpies come down for bread or other scraps early on.

But in the distance a new one for the year: 34 : Pied wagtail.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back