• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

8x32 HD Golden Ring Find Their Way Home (1 Viewer)

gcole

United States
In 2012 I made a big mistake when I sold my pair of 8x32 HD Golden Ring Bino's & that one binocular sale had been on my mind ever since. Since 2012 I have spent countless hours searching the web & auction sites when the pair I sold appeared for sale again a few weeks ago, on the same auction site, from the same buyer who bought them originally. They were never used, still in the same new condition. This person was a collector but due to a business failure he had to sell all his stuff .... With a little more than 12hrs left on the auction I called him direct ,made him an offer(cancelling the auction). For those forum members who might have been bidding or watching with intent to make a bid , now you know where they went. I did feel bad at first because of the way I had re-purchased them but when the seller realized I was the one who had sold them to him originally he said it was Karma, it was meant to be but with a hefty re-purchase price . gwen

Well, IMO that 8x32 GR HD is one of the most underrated, underappreciated, world class glass that exists. Like you, I searched far and wide until I finally found a mint pair myself. That was a nice pickup there gcole.

Thanks ... I never thought I would ever find another pair & I never thought I would get mine back. After handling & owning many highend 8x32's, I know now that I could not currently buy any other as good as these at any price. I won't make that mistake again, these will not go to another home until I am in the ground taking a dirt nap . .... gwen

Nice!!! Having just acquired a new swaro 8x32 sv I can say with out a doubt the gr HD is comparable optically! Like you I won't make the same mistake twice!!! Good for you Gwen! Bryce...

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back