• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (7 Viewers)

Had greenfinches for the first time in I think over a year in the garden today. There were five and all look healthy. I also have very busy house sparrows who are nesting in the neighbours garden. Starlings, lesser redpolls, goldfinches, wood,feral and 'stock' pigeons plus blackbirds make up what I saw in the garden today.

Ger.

Pair of dunnocks along with 2 pairs of bullfinches,8 blackbirds,house sparrows,chaffinches,greenfinches and goldfinches in a rain soaked garden.

Although nothing has nested in the nextbox we've got with a camera in, there is a Blackbird nest in clear view of the lounge window so i'm hoping to get some good photos of the pair.

Meanwhile, Dunnocks and Robins have been round the feeders and lots of goldfinvhes in the trees.

still no juveniles in the garden but have found the remenance of a Blackbirds egg so maybe I have one skulking somwhere.

Not quite in the garden - (just down the road) I had a Golden Pheasant this morning at 05.30am

Very large raven up in the trees and just flew off, usual species in the garden this afternoon, highlight being 2 pairs of bullfinches.

bullfinches ...you lucky chap.!

Has your present to yourself arrived yet Roger ?;););)

Just spotted a BOP hunting high above my garden , lazily circling on the thermals . At first I thought it was small and compact enough to be a Kestrel but when it came down closer I was sure it was a Sparrowhawk? never seen a Sprawk riding the thermals before ? :eek!:

2012 Garden Species No. 48
Swift

at last they have returned - well at least one has

we saw our first swifts yesterday !nah nah.. nah nah nah ;)

if the horrible man next door hadn't bricked up the hole in his lean-to roof they would be nesting again this year as they have previously done for 6 years :C

we saw our first swifts yesterday !nah nah.. nah nah nah ;)

if the horrible man next door hadn't bricked up the hole in his lean-to roof they would be nesting again this year as they have previously done for 6 years :C

Inconsiderate :C

Still find it hard to fathom some people out - nature doesnt hit some people no matter how close to home it is

Been living at this new address for around four months now so we have a steady influx of Garden birds visiting each day. Finch numbers seem to be gradually creeping up, 4 Greenfinch and 4 Goldfinch this morning on the Sunflower Hearts feeder. A Wren is nesting in the garden, which is fantastic! Also seen my first juvenile yesterday, a young Robin out with its parents. Starlings finally reappeared last week along with the hole in my pocket!!

Been living at this new address for around four months now so we have a steady influx of Garden birds visiting each day. Finch numbers seem to be gradually creeping up, 4 Greenfinch and 4 Goldfinch this morning on the Sunflower Hearts feeder. A Wren is nesting in the garden, which is fantastic! Also seen my first juvenile yesterday, a young Robin out with its parents. Starlings finally reappeared last week along with the hole in my pocket!!

not seen a juvenile in the garden yet but wont be long now

Nice to have the Wren nesting :t:

Had my first juvenile last week. A young blackbird who pestered several male blackbirds for food. None of them seemed to be the parent as they all responded with a peck!
Also had our first casualty. I couldn't understand why the female collared dove had left her nest in the birch tree, only to find a half fledged youngster dead underneath. it was during the very bad weather and whether that was the cause of death or the jackdaws, I don't know. Shame though.

not seen a juvenile in the garden yet but wont be long now

Nice to have the Wren nesting :t:

are we the first ? ;) juvenile Blackbird first spotted on Weds this week . ahh Denny beat us to it

Attachments

• juvenile blackbird.jpg
    juvenile blackbird.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 37
  • juvenile blackbird 2.jpg
    juvenile blackbird 2.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back