• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Re-alignment of Nikon 7x35 7.3 degree early E series binoculars (1 Viewer)

frozebubba

Hello Everyone, I searched Nikon and Alignment and got nothing. Sorry if this duplicates an earlier thread. I have a pair of the subject binoculars that I got in 1971 somewhere in southeast Asia. They have the "Nippon Kogaku Tokyo" crest on the left side above the serial number; in the 400,000's. About 30 years in, they became misaligned and I retired them. Now I would like to find a reputable establishment that could re-align them for me. Can any of you point me in the proper direction? Thanks.

Please don't think ANY bino tech can properly do this. You can count the people in the US who can on one hand with fingers left ... and I just write books about it, these days.

Cory's THE MAN. :cat:

Bill

+1 for Cory - he's a quality optical repair guy - no doubting that.

Bill - long time no talk - how are you doing? BTW great quote but Einstein never said it.

Graham

Thought Einstein said something pretty much equivalent:

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

+1 for Cory - he's a quality optical repair guy - no doubting that.

Bill - long time no talk - how are you doing? BTW great quote but Einstein never said it.

Graham

When people come up with what they think is a neat saying, they credit Al just so people will pay attention. This is why I so often quote Aristotle ... with things he didn’t say, or even think. No one has asked me about it. I’m prepared to say I was referring to Aristotle P. Bufflesnarff of Bono, Arkansas, but the occasion is yet to arise. Scary, ain’t it?!

I’m glad you are speaking up; I’ve thought about you a million times ... or at least TWICE.

The MAIN thing concerns YOUR health. So, spill your guts! Do you still have my email address?

Debbie is teaching school from home and after spending 4.5 years trying to get a job in this Cowtown, I just gave up, except for writing articles and A few books. See my latest, attached.

Our country is showing just how degenerate some of our populace has become. One person has said, “Sacrifice the weak but get businesses open.” And, a city commissioner in northern California has said, “Let the old, infirm, and homeless die of the virus.” Nice folks, Huh?

Finally, the leader of an open up the country movement from North Carolina has contracted COVID-19. With her age being what it is, I think there may be a tombstone in her near future.

Yet while I have no pension or the federal retirement I left my job a Captain’s to get:

We have a full fridge, a full freezer, an almost full pantry, and I am getting to things that have been wanting you YEARS. You see, I have only a mortgage and a tiny bit of a car payment standing between me and total financial independence.

“The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is the servant to the lender.” — Proverbs 22:7

“Common sense is so rare these days, it’s considered a superpower.” — Dave Ramsey

“The selfish and arrogant are lashing out in desperation because of their own poor choices and lack of understanding.” — Me

“The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it; ignorance may deride it. But in the end, there it is.” — Winston Churchill

I see you on Cloudy Nights quite often and just figured that you had developed the taste to ignore me, forever. :cat:

Cheers,

Bill

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 5.32.58 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 5.32.58 PM.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back