• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can anyone identify this warbler by song please? (1 Viewer)

Bijdezee

Bijdezee
I am in Belgium along the coast and we have been hearing this lovely song in the mornings among the reeds that run along the dyke at the bottom of our garden. Once I saw a glimpse of the bird and it looked like some sort of warbler.

It's probably hard to tell from this, there might even be two. Thanks in advance.
I made a youtube post for the audio file we recorded. it really gets going at about 44 seconds in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTDeiWI2m7I

Just during the first minute, we here imitations of Yellow Wagtail, Blue Tit, Great Tit and House Sparrow... at least!

I never see any sparrows in my garden. There are plenty of great tits and blue tits. there was a great tit in the background at the time a bit further away.

So you think it's a Marsh Warbler?

I never see any sparrows in my garden. There are plenty of great tits and blue tits. there was a great tit in the background at the time a bit further away.

So you think it's a Marsh Warbler?

It is, yes, no doubt. You can even hear imitation of birds it remembers from African wintering ground...

Oh lovely, thanks. It's interesting that it replicates other birds and even those its heard on its travels. They didn't say that on the you tube identification videos and I was stuck trying to pinpoint it.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back