• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can you confirm Marsh Warbler song in France ? (2 Viewers)

If you had my experience of Marsh Warbler, you would immediately hear that something is wrong. Sounds like one indeed, but with a but... in opposite, there's nothing against Blackcap, so the conclusion is "very probable Blackcap", although we will never prove it. Blackcap is abundant there, (Melodious W. is common) but Marsh W. (as well as Icterine W.) is rare. Excellent imitations from Blackcap is therefore the most likely. In this type of cases, you'll never find records with identical songs. Brian's links show that Blackcap is able to do it.
That of course assumes that the label on the recording is correct. Not questioning that the recording may be a Blackcap but the xeno canto site contains huge amounts of recordings and which are unlikely to all be verified. On e.g. Ebird there are frequently incorrect photo uploads, so just need to take this into account too when assessing out of the ordinary sightings/recordings that are uploaded onto public sites.

so Merlin App was correct when it said Blackcap?
I don't see the post with results anymore. I remember it included Garden Warbler but not Marsh Warbler. So we can say the app was totally wrong, even if the list of possibilities included Blackcap, I don't remember.

Let's hope AI will never manage what we (humans) can do, otherwise we will be useless, then exterminated in a way or another. I'm afraid many people are not aware of what's happening.

My apologies for wasting your time by not being explicit.
If you had my experience of Marsh Warbler . . .
! 🥇
there's nothing against Blackcap
Yes, there is. See above (I shan't waste more of all our times by repeating it).
the conclusion is "very probable Blackcap" . . . Excellent imitations from Blackcap is therefore the most likely.
Good to know that you've as good as proved it.
Brian's links show that Blackcap is able to do it.
No, they don't. See above.

I don't see the post with results anymore. I remember it included Garden Warbler but not Marsh Warbler. So we can say the app was totally wrong, even if the list of possibilities included Blackcap, I don't remember.

Let's hope AI will never manage what we (humans) can do, otherwise we will be useless, then exterminated in a way or another. I'm afraid many people are not aware of what's happening.
Blackcap was on the list but the way,i removed my post because of the way you responded to it!

My apologies for wasting your time by not being explicit.

! 🥇

Yes, there is. See above (I shan't waste more of all our times by repeating it).

Good to know that you've as good as proved it.

No, they don't. See above.
I'm not sure if this it is a deep misunderstanding or bad faith, whatever, I would really appreciate you stop commenting my threads. Unless you know how to block someone as we do on social medias to avoid trolls...

you said Marsh Warbler in your first post,it was not and App said Blackcap, i didn't like your comment when i thought i was helping as it was arrogant:p
The app didn't say Blaccap, it suggested Garden Warbler, Song Thrush and other totally different bird AND Blackcap. I know most people in Europe are slaves of their own ego, but placing his ego in AI deserve a special attention. Did you ask your therapist ?

The app didn't say Blaccap, it suggested Garden Warbler, Song Thrush and other totally different bird AND Blackcap. I know most people in Europe are slaves of their own ego, but placing his ego in AI deserve a special attention. Did you ask your therapist ?
the Merlin App did not mention Marsh Warbler but did mention Blackcap so much closer than you:unsure:

i wouldn't knock AI it will be your only friend/company soon:LOL:
It is not. I don't use phone, and I'm organising a life in a remote place of Mexico where no connection, no network is available, no power except if I bring solar pannels, to live in a sustainable way far for the technologies that is enslaving humans. It is not just words, I already made a first experience of living two months alone, in a remote forest of Annapurna in Nepal, without any contact with any human nor any network. Next time, I'll be with my partner and 2 - 3 friends, and better organised for the longer term. My experience in Nepal was long before the pandemic ; since 2020, many people opened their eyes on what's happening, thus I'm no longer alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back