• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can you confirm Marsh Warbler song in France ? (2 Viewers)

Hello all,

might I kindly suggest to come back to the interesting bird again?

We can argue about the Merlin app, but despite it suggested Blackcap as one of the possibilities (your comment was helpful for me, thanks Paddyluke!), thats a different topic and might well lead us away from the song.

I hope this thread continues with comments from Arnoud Van Den Berg or Stanislas Wroza and maybe one can use the edit function to delete some words here?

For me this day started with many interesting birds at my favourite patch ( including grey and white Chiffchaffs, YLG and Curlew Sandpiper) and I hope it will continue like that. Thanks!

the Merlin App did not mention Marsh Warbler but did mention Blackcap so much closer than you:unsure:
I don't care ME, I care for humans, I hope you see the difference. For the game, I recall you I said I identified as Marsh Wabler but had a doubt with Blackcap. The conclusion is probable Blackcap but Marsh Warbler is not 100% excluded. Even is Blackcap answer would be proven, it means I got the right anwer on a list of 2 ; AI had the right answer in the list of 6. I'm far above.

Get it right please : I can't exclude that AI will identify all one day. I HOPE it will never happen. Same for war ; I can't exclude a nuclear war between USA and Russia one day, but I HOPE it will not happen.

It is not. I don't use phone, and I'm organising a life in a remote place of Mexico where no connection, no network is available, no power except if I bring solar pannels, to live in a sustainable way far for the technologies that is enslaving humans. It is not just words, I already made a first experience of living two months alone, in a remote forest of Annapurna in Nepal, without any contact with any human nor any network. Next time, I'll be with my partner and 2 - 3 friends, and better organised for the longer term. My experience in Nepal was long before the pandemic ; since 2020, many people opened their eyes on what's happening, thus I'm no longer alone.
What about your thumb;) ,was living alone a "choice", just going to eat my roast chicken while wearing my leather shoes and sheepskin jacket:eek:

I'm not sure if this it is . . . bad faith
I found "ignore" option on Birdforum. Excellent.
Excellent indeed. It's as good a way as any of avoiding/ignoring (again) the substantive point (made in good faith), viz. that blackcap's song does not include repetition of phrases whereas your recording includes multiple repetitions.
Did you ask your therapist ?
Your posts are becoming personal and insulting. You should avoid this.

Hello all,

might I kindly suggest to come back to the interesting bird again?

We can argue about the Merlin app, but despite it suggested Blackcap as one of the possibilities (your comment was helpful for me, thanks Paddyluke!), thats a different topic and might well lead us away from the song.

I hope this thread continues with comments from Arnoud Van Den Berg or Stanislas Wroza and not with words like therapist.

For me this day started with many interesting birds at my favourite patch ( including grey and white Chiffchaffs, YLG and Curlew Sandpiper) and I hope it will continue like that. Thanks!
You are right, let's stick on superficial identifications ; better close our eyes on real problems.

What about your thumb;) ,was living alone a "choice", just going to eat my roast chicken while wearing my leather shoes and sheepskin jacket:eek:
I know why humanity is in a dead end, you just proudly recall it. I'm fighting to change the way but when people are destroying life on Earth on purpose, I wonder if it worth the fight. Let's go extinct, better for all other species. Glad I found the "ignore" button on BF, I'll use it a second time today.

Nothing is wrong with the use of new technologies at any level. From surgery to birdwatching.
Ludites were all wrong, just like you.
I hope you'll open your eyes soon. I publish videos in my mother tongue (French) to explain what's happening, I might consider adding English subtitles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back