• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Calls Need ID. Singapore, April 2018 (1 Viewer)

TwiddlingThumbs

I recorded these calls that I wasn't familiar with at Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. Hoping someone can help me ID the birds.

First recording is of a very insistent bird.

The bird I'm trying to ID in the second recording is the one making the eight or nine note repetitive continuous chittering. This recording is a bit soft.

The last recording has a bird making a two note call, pause, then repeat the two notes twice in quicker succession.

Help much appreciated!

Attachments

• Voice 016.m4a
    152.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Voice 012.m4a
    277.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Voice 011.m4a
    175.8 KB · Views: 27
Thanks, Werzik!
I didn't know Arctic Warbler makes this kind of sounds. I'm only familiar with their harsh single note "chit" calls.
Will look into Xeno Canto to try and match the call for possible Dark-necked Tailorbird.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back